Notices
Toy-Grade RC Products Post in here about toy-grade rc products and the mods you''re making to them. These typically fall in the sub $100 range.

Maisto Coyote Review/mod

Old 06-24-2013, 08:49 PM
standard issue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maisto Coyote Review/mod

Greetings, this is my first post here and I thought I'd talk a little about the maisto coyote i recently purchased. i boight a house eith a big back yard and wanted something my three year old could chase around and eventually grow to use himself. Maisto has been gaining notoriety with their rock crawler and baja beast which most agree are pretty good values. I found myself checking out a coyote xs which is esentially a baja beast with a diffrrent body (that rubs on the tires under compression). after the discount i got for signing up for an amazon credit card, it cost me $23 shipped. Turns out the coyote in stock form does not run well in grass and since i bought it for my back yard, this was unacceptable. I also have a maisto rock crawler that i bought for my 3 y/o because its slow enough for him to control and runs well in grass and over tree roots. I tried swapping the rear tires from the crawler onto the coyote with amazing results. the bigger, more aggressive tires push the truck through the grass at near-pavement speeds. I had to trim off the rear fenders to make the tires fit but it turned out pretty sweet looking. I wouldnt recomend dropping 80-90 beans on this toy but it has proven to be good fun for the casual driver.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75894.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	1894887