Notices
Toy-Grade RC Products Post in here about toy-grade rc products and the mods you''re making to them. These typically fall in the sub $100 range.

battlebots from hexbug

Old 10-21-2016, 03:07 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default battlebots from hexbug

bought the tombstone/witch doctor set.
short story, they suck, poorly design with low quality control. Not acceptable for a $50 toy
tombstone works correctly for a whole 10 minutes before one of the drive motors starts moving slower. Tell it to drive straight and it veers to the right. Nothing can be done about this.
Tombstone's rear body panels are held on with weak magnets. 1 hit and they fall off. The top plate just sits in place. 10 second into any battle and those 3 parts are sure to be off.
The weapon on witch doctor worked for 20 minutes and then stopped. The pinion gear had moved some on the shaft (away from motor) causing it to hit the weapon. I was able to push it back in place but clearly it is a push fit and not tight enough.

The weapons themselves are a disappointment. Motors are far too weak to be able to do anything other than knock off the body panels. I know they don't want them to be able to hurt kids but they could have made them stronger and then upped the recommended age.

Basically, they were played with for 20 minutes and will be returned tomorrow.
I would have though hexbug would have better quality control
Old 10-22-2016, 01:21 AM
RustedRC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah that sucks. i agree get your money back. it's such a let down when a mass produced product isn't made to a quality standard. kinda like they lied to you and stole your money. chalk it up to lesson learned. no more hexbugs.