Notices
Toy-Grade RC Products Post in here about toy-grade rc products and the mods you''re making to them. These typically fall in the sub $100 range.

Engine swap because bordum

Old 03-28-2020, 02:32 PM
Proconstantine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine swap because bordum

Hello all,

I'm very bored like many of you and have decided to engine swap the crappy $20 old rc car you see below simply for something to do. I have a few questions I was hoping you all could help me with.

First if I put a bigger motor in can I simply increase the power source or will the chip between the battery and motor limit Powe delivery?

Second the small chip on the motor any idea what that does? If I simply replaced the positive and negative on a larger motor would that work?

The car is a Fast Lane RC Nissan GTR

Thanks for any help in advance, hope your not as bored as I am...

Old 03-28-2020, 02:34 PM
Proconstantine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pic

I can't post a picture of the guts of the car says something about 10 posts or something... Let me know how I can share a pic....
Old 03-29-2020, 09:52 AM
Overvolted

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=Proconstantine;12592665]Hello all,

I'm very bored like many of you and have decided to engine swap the crappy $20 old rc car you see below simply for something to do. I have a few questions I was hoping you all could help me with.

First if I put a bigger motor in can I simply increase the power source or will the chip between the battery and motor limit Powe delivery?

Second the small chip on the motor any idea what that does? If I simply replaced the positive and negative on a larger motor would that work?

The car is a Fast Lane RC Nissan GTR

Thanks for any help in advance, hope your not as bored as I am...[/QUOTE

I hear ya on the boredom, I just took a pos new bright and gave it 4 wheel steering for some reason. You need 10 posts to upload a pic. I think the chip you are refering to is a capacitor, ive swapped motors that didnt have one and have not really noticed a difference. It is there to help the motor with a shot of juice to get going ect.. I havent swapped a motor using the stock electronics as most of mine use aftermarket electronics so you may need a cap if using stock electrics. I have put bigger batteries with stock electronics and if you dont go crazy with volts you can increase performance a lot. Go to big and you let the magic smoke out and can eat up the cheap plastic gears in the driveline.