Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Toy-Grade RC Products
Reload this Page >

Intermittent power to motors in 2.4GHZ Rock Crawler

Community
Search
Notices
Toy-Grade RC Products Post in here about toy-grade rc products and the mods you''re making to them. These typically fall in the sub $100 range.

Intermittent power to motors in 2.4GHZ Rock Crawler

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2020, 07:17 AM
Klaus78RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intermittent power to motors in 2.4GHZ Rock Crawler

Hi guys,

I bought two RC rock crawlers for my sons and one of the two has had poor performance from the beginning compared to the other one. They are identical apart from the exterior color. They do not have variable speed or variable steering. It is either full or nothing.

The car with the problem has the following issues:
  • Power to the motors seem to be intermittent
  • At times the motors run at full speed and other times they barely run at all
  • Sometimes you need to give the car a push to make it go after you stopped
  • Steering always works
Here is what I have tried to date:
  • Used the faulty car's transmitter on the working car and it works as should so I can rule out the transmitter as cause
  • Opened the gear boxes to see if there is any broken or warn gears - all seem in good order and greased
  • Checked for broken or disconnected wires - all seem in order
  • Swapped the motors with new ones - no change

I am not sure what else to check for. Does anyone have any advice apart from buying a new one. They were only $20 each, but for me $20 is a lot so I would like to fix it if I can.

Thanking you in advance.

Kind regards,

Klaus Oellrich