Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Toy-Grade RC Products
Reload this Page >

Wanted - RadioShack Monster Truck 4x4 - Cat No. 60-4057

Notices
Toy-Grade RC Products Post in here about toy-grade rc products and the mods you''re making to them. These typically fall in the sub $100 range.

Wanted - RadioShack Monster Truck 4x4 - Cat No. 60-4057

Old 05-15-2021, 10:46 PM
Radioshack1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanted - RadioShack Monster Truck 4x4 - Cat No. 60-4057

Hi all,

New to the forum so apologies if Im posting in the wrong area.

I had a great truck that would climb anything back in the 80s. I keep trying to get the equivalent for my son but the modern day stuff is just rubbish in comparison.

Ive found a few bashed untested models on eBay but dont really want to risk it buying.
This truck was made by Tandy / RadioShack I think around 1984/5, would take 6 c batteries in the truck and had a hi/low gear. Very strong. Id drive mine in the snow and mud no problem.

If anyone knows of anyone that might have one for sale Id be interested to hear?.

Thanks! 😁

Old 08-29-2021, 04:01 PM
krispy378

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey there... I THINK the truck you are talking about is called the 4x4 Off Roader. Taiyo of Japan / Tyco Turbo hopper fame actually made this truck. It had the early Bigfoot / 1979 Ford F250 square headlight grill body. There's the yellow version and the blue Bigfoot looking version. These trucks ran off of 4 C size cells and 1 9V in the truck, along with the 9V for the transmitter. The 4WD is fulltime with differential gearing and it has the 2 range High / Low selectable gearing underneath the chassis via red selector switch. There is also a charing port for NiCd / NiMH C batteries. Yes indeed this little truck, in low range, could go over and climb almost anything! Perhaps this was the early prototype for todays crawlers... We have both the yellow and blue trucks. Indoors and locked inside from a blizzard in NEPA, my son and i make the obstacle course in the living room, turn on some old tv, and insert fresh alkalines in the trucks. In low range, with some breaks aside, they go all night on one set of batteries. Also have some rechargeable C batteries and they work good too. These are a pretty robust truck. The electronics are bullet proof, the gears are sturdy and overall a high quality piece. Really look for battery corosion and obvious damage. I took a chance on these two and they were gems. A little terminal cleaning, took one transmitter apart the clean contacts and bingo...More 80s vintage goodness... Will post pics soon.