Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Toy-Grade RC Products
Reload this Page >

Reliable RC Car or Truck for 10/12 years old

Notices
Toy-Grade RC Products Post in here about toy-grade rc products and the mods you''re making to them. These typically fall in the sub $100 range.

Reliable RC Car or Truck for 10/12 years old

Old 11-29-2022, 11:31 AM
Mondoudou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Reliable RC Car or Truck for 10/12 years old

Hi Guys,

I want to intro my sons to RC cars (trucks or buggys). I have bought my fare share of garbage RC stuff at Target or Amazon and would love to find something that is fast and reliable for them to play with that wont cost as much as a Tamiya or Kyosho..

Id love to find something around $120, scale 1/12 or 1/10 and around 40mph.
I see amazon has a few of them but they all have garbage reviews.

Do you guys have any leads as to where i can find something like that?
Old 12-03-2022, 11:23 AM
Big Alice

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Just my opinion but I'd get something Hobby grade where the receiver and speed controller are separate and not on the same board. The electronics are the weak spot on the radio shack type cars. once it goes you're dead in the water. I've never seen or heard of someone fixing one after the board screws up. I'd buy used before buying a single board car.
Old 12-04-2022, 08:24 AM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Arrma rcs seem to be pretty popular right now. Ful disclosure, I dont own one. But in your shoes I'd consider the Granite Voltage, ready to run out of the box. Probably does not go 40mph but might be able to be upgraded to that later if desired.