Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Toy-Grade RC Products
Reload this Page >

1:10 "Blue Streak" Monster Truck & Aflac "Monster Tires" Car

Notices
Toy-Grade RC Products Post in here about toy-grade rc products and the mods you''re making to them. These typically fall in the sub $100 range.

1:10 "Blue Streak" Monster Truck & Aflac "Monster Tires" Car

Old 04-03-2009, 11:57 AM
THErcnoobie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1:10 "Blue Streak" MAX Electric Truck & 1:10 Aflac "Monster Tires" Car

i agree with loulou.your wheelbase is a little to small, you shoukd make it longer.in the fenders of the car where you thinking about putting shocks there?that would be cool.so, how much longer till we see chrome exhaust pipes glowing orange?
Old 04-03-2009, 02:58 PM
KE4QPF

Default RE: 1:10 "Blue Streak" MAX Electric Truck & 1:10 Aflac "Monster Tires" Car

ORIGINAL: yaleforscale

looking good don . on the 7" tiers remmber this will alter your gearing . and cause all sorts of problems , i have done this to hobby grade trucks and blew the esc as the motor becomes overloaded . not only that but your servo will also struggle to turn the tiers . and most likely crapp out . to cope with the gearing you would need to go to a lower pinion . i think even then the 280 motors would struggle with these tiers .. not sure how you could resolve the servo problem .. thanks don ..
Well, based on 3 people telling me to forget it, I think I'll forget it. Hopefully, by the time I load the duck, the seat, and the platform the seat will go on, plus the exhaust pipes and extra lighting for those, the shocks should settle down a bit more. This quite possibly eliminate the need for me having to do anything, really. I'll have go wait and see when everything else gets added into the chassis.

Thanks Nat, Thanks Lou, and Thanks THErcnoobie!!!
Old 04-03-2009, 03:00 PM
KE4QPF

ORIGINAL: THErcnoobie

i agree with loulou.your wheelbase is a little to small, you shoukd make it longer.in the fenders of the car where you thinking about putting shocks there?that would be cool.so, how much longer till we see chrome exhaust pipes glowing orange?
Because these shocks are A-framed, they will push the wheel base outward when I bog things down with a tad more weight, as discussed above. The fabricator my stepfather knows has been out sick the past couple of days. Hopefully, I'll have something to preview by Monday night. Don't sweat it, I'll let you guys see what comes of it.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:12 PM
texx

The solution would be ..

Tire smaller than the 1 / 6 and larger than the 1 / 10 ..

To get the true look of ((AFLAC)) MONSTER CAR ..
Old 04-03-2009, 03:34 PM
texx

COBRA65 .. TIRES NYLINT 1/6 + 1/10 JEEP RUBICON .. BIG BIG TIRES

Old 04-03-2009, 05:15 PM
KE4QPF

I doubt I'll find 1:8 scale tires anywhere, Lou. Looks like I'm stuck with what I've got for now. I'll see what transpires when the additional weight is applied, as stated.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:22 PM
texx

KE4QPF ......

No PROBLEMO ..

Old 04-04-2009, 12:01 AM
THErcnoobie

if weight does not make the wheelbase extend there is a simple solution.limiting straps will have to be applied.then there you go all done with that.take your time ion this project.we have patience and we can wait a bit longer to see the exhasut pipes.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:11 AM
adrians3109

if weight does not make the wheelbase extend there is a simple solution.limiting straps will have to be applied.then there you go all done with that.take your time ion this project.we have patience and we can wait a bit longer to see the exhasut pipes.
yes the limiting straps to axle is a very good idea and simple to do... i used to keep them tight on my landy to have the required wheelbase. Now that i changed everything i dont need them any more. I used chain but you can use anything that holds.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:34 PM
rc theman

nice work ke4qpf , the painting part is fun to me, by the way its theman from rockcrawler
Old 04-05-2009, 07:22 AM
texx

Welcome to the forum .. RC ..... Theman
Old 04-05-2009, 03:02 PM
KE4QPF

Welcome, rc theman, thanks for the kudos. I thought the painting would have been a lot scarier than I thought. At first it's intimidating. Especially with a two-tone car. You have to make sure you mask it off just right for what colors you're laying down, ensure you have the right kind of paints, clear coats that don't screw up the overall look, etc. It's not easy at first, but it goes downhil after the first coat of paint is laid down. It also helps greatly if you have the shell pre-masked by the company as you can rest assured that there's no left over oil on the shell from when they broke it from the mold... otherwise, the masking wouldn't stick.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:01 PM
texx

HELLO .. KE4QPF ..

Times are hard on the forum ..

Our friends are not all motivated ..

We have to wait ..

Be patient ..[]
Old 04-05-2009, 11:29 PM
KE4QPF

ORIGINAL: adrians3109

yes the limiting straps to axle is a very good idea and simple to do... i used to keep them tight on my landy to have the required wheelbase. Now that i changed everything i dont need them any more. I used chain but you can use anything that holds.
If it does come down to needing to limit the travel of the suspension to kick out the axles a bit, I most likely would resort to pulling those Traxxas springs from the now abandoned spring shock system I devised. I'd take the first coil on top and bottom and rework them into hooks that would latch onto the factory bottom mounts to the inside of the oil shocks, and to the tub using the horseshoe factory mounts. Then, I'd bend over the hooks to close the loop so they won't fall off. Of course, they'd need to be painted green like the springs on the oil shocks I installed.

Old 04-05-2009, 11:37 PM
KE4QPF

ORIGINAL: texx

HELLO .. KE4QPF ..

Times are hard on the forum ..

Our friends are not all motivated ..

We have to wait ..

Be patient ..[]
This should be some motivation...

Do I have your attention now???

HA! HA! HA!

Got a confirmation that the seats are on the way. Hopefully, the fabricator will be back today to make the pipes. It won't take long now. The duck does scare my grandparents' dog. I chased that poor mutt all over the house with the car. It was funny!!!
Old 04-06-2009, 06:47 AM
yaleforscale
Banned

looking good don .. whats with the granny and the hammer .lol..[X(]
Old 04-06-2009, 07:42 AM
KE4QPF

Google "Mona Shaw" and you'll have your answers. [8D]
Old 04-06-2009, 09:09 AM
yaleforscale
Banned

ORIGINAL: KE4QPF

Google "Mona Shaw" and you'll have your answers. [8D]
ohh i get it don . lol.[X(]...ohh it says her husband is called don . now that wouldent be you ..would it never thought you were in to the older woman .lol.......[link]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mona_Shaw[/link]
Old 04-06-2009, 10:31 PM
KE4QPF

Good news!!! The seats for my duck should be here tomorrow.

ORIGINAL: United States Postal Service

Your item was processed and left our JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099 facility on April 6, 2009. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:31 PM
KE4QPF

OK guys... the seats came in and I have installed them on a piece of sheet aluminum. Because my body posts are custom, I have holes all up and down them for mounting points. I just ripped down the sheet aluminum from a 6" x 18" piece down to a 6" x 12" piece, then scribed where the posts will slide through with a Sharpie. A step drill bit took care of the rest by chewing a hole at each mounting point just big enough to get the aluminum down the posts. 5/8" did the trick in the end. The seats mounted with 3M mounting tape and are removable. I am going to change the color from red to black using the leftover black Tamiya paint. I'm almost there. The fabricator still has not returned to work from injuring his back, so the pipes are still on hold. Here are the pics of the installed seats...

The car is not settling down any, so I think I'll start painting up those Traxxas springs I'm not using for anything and make my limiters out of them as discussed earlier.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:34 PM
KE4QPF

I'm also not too happy with the numbers on the sides of the car. Because they are white, and white is the hardest color to reproduce properly, some streaks are showing. I will use a Testors flat white paint pen to correct these issues.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:16 AM
texx

WOW .. KE4QPF ..

These seats are very attractive ..

AFLAC will be happy ..

(( When will you build a crawler ?))

(( It would be interesting for you ..))

Old 04-10-2009, 07:45 AM
KE4QPF

One project at a time texx, one project at a time.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:57 AM
yaleforscale
Banned

looks great don , JOLLY GOOD SHOW OLD BOY .
Old 04-10-2009, 03:03 PM
THErcnoobie

seats look awsome.good thing it came with seatbelts.you are going to need to strap that duck in there pretty good when driving your crawler.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.