Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Toy-Grade RC Products
Reload this Page >

1:10 "Blue Streak" Monster Truck & Aflac "Monster Tires" Car

Community
Search
Notices
Toy-Grade RC Products Post in here about toy-grade rc products and the mods you''re making to them. These typically fall in the sub $100 range.

1:10 "Blue Streak" Monster Truck & Aflac "Monster Tires" Car

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 10:58 AM
KE4QPF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1:10 "Blue Streak" MAX Electric Truck & 1:10 Aflac "Monster Tires" Car

ORIGINAL: texx

KE4QPF..

I try this song, but I can not find it ..

Would you like to hear this song ?

Is it on video ?[8D]
That's the deal texx, I don't know the name... I'd like to know it so I can purchase it. Here is the video player to view the ad from Aflac:

http://aflacracing.com/video_gallery.aspx
Play "Monster Tires" after clicking the "Features" tab.

I want to know the name of the song playing after the duck is challenged by Carl Edwards for pumping up the tires beyond their limits... after "What are you doing?"... the song starts "Who let the beat down?" I thought it was Black Eyed Peas with "Boom Boom Pow", but it wasn't as the lyrics in that song say "Let the beat rock."

EDIT: Finally found a player that will deep-link. The link above has been modified to reflect that.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:08 AM
texx

Default RE: 1:10 "Blue Streak" MAX Electric Truck & 1:10 Aflac "Monster Tires" Car

OK .. I saw the video ..

I will ask some friends ..
Old 05-10-2009, 12:09 PM
KE4QPF

Thanks, texx. Hopefully someone will be able to come up with it. I've spent a couple of days YouTubing just to try to find it. Even typing the lyrics into Google didn't help.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:38 PM
yaleforscale
Banned

don try the file sharing programm lime wire . normally yeilds good results ..
Old 05-10-2009, 01:57 PM
texx

Good song .. for AFLAC/CAR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdtOhtjWaOE

Cool AFLAC/CAR [8D][8D][8D][8D]

Old 05-10-2009, 06:28 PM
KE4QPF

ORIGINAL: yaleforscale

don try the file sharing programm lime wire . normally yeilds good results ..
Nat, I don't even know the name of the song... I only know one line of lyrics. LimeWire only indexes by song title and artist. Netiher of which I know. Thanks anyway.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:30 PM
KE4QPF

Good song .. for AFLAC/CAR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdtOhtjWaOE

Cool AFLAC/CAR [8D][8D][8D][8D]

Cute one, texx. The car you are showing was run last night. It was an interpromotional car tie-in for the Disney-Pixar movie "UP."
Old 05-13-2009, 06:56 PM
KE4QPF

Texx... I found one more new looking car they're going to debut this weekend in Charlotte. This is a NEW silver car. It's a one time only deal, and portions of the proceeds from the sale of the die-cast models will go to the Aflac Cancer Center to help treat children suffering from the effects of cancer.

Also... Carl Edwards will be wearing a special firesuit for the race which he will sign and auction on AflacRacing.com starting at 12PM ET this Saturday.

This is a great cause, and I have made it one of my causes in Facebook. I hope you all can find it in your heart to make it one of your causes as well. The main reason why I made the Aflac Monster Car was due to their awareness. A portion of the proceeds from the Aflac duck I put in the driver's seat went to the Aflac Cancer Center. There's a lot of philanthropy behind the duck.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:24 PM
texx

KE4QPF ..
This cause is a very good cause ..[sm=thumbup.gif]

And this car (SILVER CAR) is really good taste ..

I love all the models AFLAC/CAR ..[8D]

Old 05-19-2009, 10:47 PM
KE4QPF

Default RE: 1:10

OK guys... I finally got a break from the graveyard shift. The speakers came in and they had HUGE plastic cases that had to be eraticated. I busted off the speakers very carefully and found I had a pair of 8Ω, 1W speakers. They produce a nice sound, however, they're not LOUD. I'm going to have to find an el cheapo headphone amp to power these puppies up some. At least, I know they're a good sized driver to handle what I intend to accomplish. Of course, they came with the standard issue, very thin gauge cable going from the speakers to an 1/8" plug. NOT GOOD ENOUGH. I busted out some Belden 8451 and went to town on those things with a BIG honking gold plated 1/8" plug from the RadShack:

FRONT:

BACK:

PLUG END:

Keep in mind, I still need to paint the cones green with metallic flake. That will come later. Now, you ask, how am I going to mount these onto polycarbonate/Lexan??? Very simple. Get some mending plates from the hardware store, thank you Home Depot, and epoxy them to the body thusly:

As for the tunes, they'll be coming out of this 256MB MP3 player I got as a door prize in Vegas at NAB in 2005 from Grass Valley Group:

It sort of helped that I used their products often. Especially DD35, 100, 250, and Kayak switchers, 8800 and Venus routers, and the Saturn master control switcher.

I'll post more when I finally get everything situated and the epoxy sets tomorrow morning.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:06 AM
yaleforscale
Banned

WOW don looks good on the amp could you not use pre amp computer speaker set up , and just solder in the speaker you have of coure you would need to stripp the amp from the casings ,just a idea .. great work don ..
Old 05-20-2009, 08:19 AM
texx

WOW .. AFLAC will be surely pleased with the music kit.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:40 AM
KE4QPF

Thanks for the suggestions and kudos, guys.

The speaker cones have just been painted:

Now it's off to ripping the audio for the MP3 player.  I still haven't found out the name to the song playing in the commercial.  I must now re-double my efforts.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:06 PM
KE4QPF

Well, I went rummaging for a pair of computer speakers to steal the amp out of, but found the majority of the "El Cheapo" models run off of USB power (I've had issues converting this over in previous projects due to circuit detection), or stepped down AC current. None seemed to have a DC wall wart with them. I guess it's off to looking for a cheap headphone amp before Aflac can rock out.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:13 PM
texx

KE4QPF ..

Good luck in your search ..
Old 05-22-2009, 09:37 PM
KE4QPF

Thanks for the well wishes, texx.  I think I might have stumbled upon something that might work at the good ol' CompUSA store...

Cyber Acoustics CA-2014 2-PC Desktop Speakers

http://www.compusa.com/applications/...&Sku=C375-2014

They're nice and cheap at US$12.96, so I won't cry to hard if things don't go as planned.

Detailed Features:

Specifications

[*]Drivers: 1.5" x 3" high efficiency drivers[*]Power Output: 3 watts[*]Connectors: 3.5mm stereo plug[*]Drivers: 4 ohm drivers[*]Power Adapter: 6 volt AC/DC included[*]Dimensions: (H) 8.5" x (W) 3.25" x (D) 4.5"[/list]
    Features

[*]Stereo speaker system[*]Cloth grill[*]Magnetically shielded[*]Bass ported[*]Headphone output jack[*]Power On/Off[*]LED power indicator[*]Volume control[/list]

Is this what you guys had in mind?  It doesn't look like it would be too much to yank the amp out of the things.  I'd just have to cut off the cloth grill, undo the screws, and cut the needless cables to the speakers as mine will plug into the headphone jack.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:06 AM
KE4QPF

Those speakers above, although they claim to run on a 6VDC adapter, actually run on 9VAC. Not good for battery powered mods. I also tried the "Boostaroo" headphone amp from RadioShack, but it acted more as a load balancer for plugging in 3 headphones to one device, rather than an amplifier. So, I decided I'd just up the amplification of the .MP3 files using the WavePad Sound Editor software on my computer which will amplify up to 4x over the original. I now have the tracks red lining on the volume meters of the computer, so I hope this will be good for making things loud into the speakers. I'm still working on the playlist.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:17 AM
KE4QPF

OK guys, I finally found what I really needed after consulting another RadioShack store with better help behind the counter. Granted, this is a one-stage amp that only produces mono sound, it's good enough for this job as the speakers are so close together, they'd cause a phase cancellation if I went with pure stereo. This was US$14 cheaper than the "Boostaroo", and provides boatloads of amplification.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2062620

I pulled the guts of the internal speaker out as I wouldn't be using it. It's a 7W monster that would have weighed down on the car and not have done much else as I already have lighter speakers going in. I then put everything back together nicely, and put it in front of the car seats betwen the body posts. It is held in place with some RadioShack/3M SuperLock strips ( http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2103345 ) that are much better than Velcro. I mounted the MP3 player on the front of the amp using the same strips. Now I need to make a custom mono 1/8" plug to 1/8" plug cable to send signal from the MP3 player into the input of the amp. This will eliminate any extra cable dragging around. The speakers required a tiny mod as they were hooked up stereo originally. To make them mono, I soldered a piece of wire between the tip and the center ring conductors on that big honking 1/8" gold plated plug shown in the pic above. Wallah! Instant mono plug without having to pay for one. These speakers, albeit one Watters, are REALLY LOUD NOW!!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 07:14 AM
yaleforscale
Banned

i new you would get there in the end don looking good .
Old 05-25-2009, 01:05 PM
KE4QPF

Finally, the build is complete. Now the Duck can JAM OUT!

I thought this was hysterical!

Have a good Memorial Day, everyone.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:58 PM
texx

KE4QPF ..
The work you have accomplished on AFLAC / CAR is exceptional .

. You are a great teacher ..

See it in action on a race track would be fun.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:14 PM
yaleforscale
Banned

don great job , i couldent stop laughing . very cool .[8D][8D]
Old 05-25-2009, 11:30 PM
KE4QPF

Thanks, guys. Now it's going to be back to the Blue Streak for more upgrades.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:33 PM
KE4QPF

KE4QPF ..
The work you have accomplished on AFLAC / CAR is exceptional
You can bet I'll be at Carl's feet to have him give this an autograph when they finish the season here at Homestead-Miami Speedway in November, unless he comes to town sooner.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:10 PM
rc theman

thats so cool, i have those same speakers but with a subwoofer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.