Community
Search
Notices
Toy-Grade RC Products Post in here about toy-grade rc products and the mods you''re making to them. These typically fall in the sub $100 range.

bead locks

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 05:09 PM
rcToyotaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bead locks

how can i put bead locks on the toyota fj cruiser rims
Old 04-08-2009, 04:01 PM
Creepy Crawler

Default RE: bead locks

RCTOYOTAMAN
I was wondering the same thing, but never asked the question. I just bought some proline 2.2 Flat Irons that I really had to pull and tug on to get it on the rim, and I don't think I'll be needing bead locks. The problem is that if you want bead locks, you have to swap tires and rims and the rims will probably need some type of mods. If you want the look of a bead lock, just use some nail polish remover or liquid plumber to strip the chrome off the beadlocks and then paint them the color of your choice or leave them the black color that they are molded in. From what I've read in rc rock crawling mags, bead locks are a pain in the ass because they have so many small hex head bolts that need tightened and loosened everytime.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:08 PM
yaleforscale
Banned

well the hole idea of beadlocks as the name suggests is to lock the tier to the rimm CA glue does the same job without all the fuss ...and a lot les hassle .lol..
Old 04-08-2009, 10:37 PM
Creepy Crawler

Very good point. I wasn't even thinking about gluing the tires. I did my T-maxx tires with CA and the only problem I've ever had with it was that I'm a clutz sometimes and I glued my pinky and ring finger together. What if he has wheel weights that he wants to alter or foam that he may want to chage or cut later? CA is a pain in the back when it comes to getting it off the tire and rim.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:38 PM
yaleforscale
Banned

thats very true about the glue but with a little know hoe it is very easy i do this all the time ..with no problems ... this should help .. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxnRwRaora0[/youtube]
Old 05-08-2009, 06:31 PM
yaleforscale
Banned

pretty easy to do ..thanks .