Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Toy-Grade RC Products
Reload this Page >

(SILVER-SCORPION) New Bright Rock Crawler

Notices
Toy-Grade RC Products Post in here about toy-grade rc products and the mods you''re making to them. These typically fall in the sub $100 range.

(SILVER-SCORPION) New Bright Rock Crawler

Old 09-20-2010, 12:40 AM
nbcrawler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: (SILVER-SCORPION) New Bright Rock Crawler

stock electronics.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:19 PM
newguy113

how do i put a new motor in my new bright rock crawler and what kind and how many of what kind of batteries do i need to put in it i cutting isnt an issue please help asap
Old 10-12-2010, 03:05 AM
nitrokings Sales Rep

<xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument></xml><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles></xml><style> Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}</style>

For rc cars lovers, a big sectionon remote controlled cars/trucks , such as electric, nitro, monster and minir/c cars/trucks. Fast growing is the short course rc cars.. great for beginnersand experts. you might enjoy this site. http://www.nitrokings.com.Here, very fast remote control R/C cars. You might be surprised at the performance results. You can have them at LOWEST PRICE!!!!!!!!

Old 10-12-2010, 10:59 PM
nicelife2010
Banned

low price? how low?
Old 01-15-2011, 02:30 PM
The Jackalope

Stumbled on to this forum.   it looks pretty dormant though. 

I too just bought a NewBright 1/10 jeep crawler.   I started Modding it right out of the box.   Now this seems to be a bit of a black art in the hobby world,  but I wouldn't have it any other way.  Just can't leave well enough alone.

I had some of the suspension modded before I found this forum,  but it looks like I'm headed in the right direction.  I'll post picks if you guys are still around.  pretty happy with my Cut tires as well.  traction is no problem,  I'm limited only by torque right now.

Has anyone done a successful 280 motor swap yet?    I am working on new methods to increase gear ratio as well.  not ruling out the 4th gear.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:49 PM
john the rc guy 13

i just bouht the same one and i lossend the shocks but they keep poping out how do you fix it
Old 01-24-2011, 12:51 PM
john the rc guy 13

do you ave a youtube account ????
Old 01-24-2011, 03:01 PM
cobra69

ORIGINAL: The Jackalope

Stumbled on to this forum. it looks pretty dormant though.

I too just bought a NewBright 1/10 jeep crawler. I started Modding it right out of the box. Now this seems to be a bit of a black art in the hobby world, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Just can't leave well enough alone.

I had some of the suspension modded before I found this forum, but it looks like I'm headed in the right direction. I'll post picks if you guys are still around. pretty happy with my Cut tires as well. traction is no problem, I'm limited only by torque right now.

Has anyone done a successful 280 motor swap yet? I am working on new methods to increase gear ratio as well. not ruling out the 4th gear.

Yep, the 280 motor swap is easy & will work with stock electronics,although depending on the shape of the motor can,you may have to make a new motor mount.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:03 PM
cobra69

ORIGINAL: john the rc guy 13

i just bouht the same one and i lossend the shocks but they keep poping out how do you fix it

You'll need to use longer screws in the shocks......look through the forum, there is a shock mod thread
Old 01-24-2011, 04:28 PM
john the rc guy 13

wher do you buy them
Old 01-24-2011, 04:32 PM
cobra69

Hardware store....could you post pics, it may be eaiser to help,if i can see the problem you're having.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:44 PM
john the rc guy 13

i guess you voided the warenty
Old 01-25-2011, 04:15 AM
john the rc guy 13

ill try to post some pics
Old 01-25-2011, 04:28 AM
john the rc guy 13

take of the stok bumper
Old 01-25-2011, 11:29 AM
john the rc guy 13

how do you get the wheel covers off caus mines still under warenty i dont wana do any thing perminent yet
Old 01-27-2011, 01:31 PM
john the rc guy 13

im thinking of puting some leds on my rock crawler wher do you get good leds?

Old 01-29-2011, 12:23 AM
The Jackalope

ORIGINAL: cobra69

ORIGINAL: The Jackalope

Stumbled on to this forum. it looks pretty dormant though.

I too just bought a NewBright 1/10 jeep crawler. I started Modding it right out of the box. Now this seems to be a bit of a black art in the hobby world, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Just can't leave wellenough alone.

I had some of the suspension modded before I found this forum, but it looks like I'm headed in the right direction. I'll post picks if you guys are still around. pretty happy with my Cut tires as well. traction is no problem, I'm limited only by torque right now.

Has anyone done a successful 280 motor swap yet? I am working on new methods to increase gear ratio as well. not ruling out the 4th gear.

Yep, the 280 motor swap is easy & will work with stock electronics,although depending on the shape of the motor can,you may have to make a new motor mount.
Thats what I heard. But apparently not all 280 motors are created equal. I test fired a hobby grade "losi" 280 motor, and lost forward on that axel. Hoping to get the circuit board repaired soon. Damn! My mod was going so well too.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:29 AM
Spiike

Here is my silver/blue NB Rock Crawler.

http://cid-8db580b03ac77813.skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?page=play&resid=8DB580B03AC77813!1244