Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Toy-Grade RC Products
Reload this Page >

1.5 (Min) 2-3 Pound (Ideal) Payload Helicopter

Community
Search
Notices
Toy-Grade RC Products Post in here about toy-grade rc products and the mods you''re making to them. These typically fall in the sub $100 range.

1.5 (Min) 2-3 Pound (Ideal) Payload Helicopter

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 08:35 AM
freethecity121

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1.5 (Min) 2-3 Pound (Ideal) Payload Helicopter

Hello there,

I'm new to this whole RC Universe thing but I'm in need of a Helicopter, the cheaper the better as always, that doesn't have to be high grade or anything i just need it to be able to carry something about the weight of a lobster or something like that. Affordable and effective are the two things im looking for here. If anyone knows anything that would be superb if you could hook me up with the info of where i could purchase or rent one of these. Thanks all.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:46 PM
plane-addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1.5 (Min) 2-3 Pound (Ideal) Payload Helicopter

Are you new to RC Universe or new to flying? If you are new to flying, I would like to suggest to find someone who wants to help you to learn how to fly a helicopter. Please understand, this is not easy. Another option would be a flight simulator, some are free, some are commercially available.

Larger helicopters can work with higher payloads and are often more stable. You could learn flying with something smaller like this: http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=11645

That helicopter features collective pitch. This will help you a little to get the feeling how a helicopter responds to stick movements and how it handles when it is flying toward you. Still, it's a whole different thing than a non-collective pitch heli (conventional heli).