Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Tmaxx question.

Old 12-01-2010, 01:58 AM
goten5dbz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tmaxx question.

I recently came across a Tmaxx for $300 at a pawn shop. Im not too sure of what version it is but it has what seems like every blue aluminum hop-up for it. Is this an awesome deal? How much money would i be able to get for it?
Old 12-01-2010, 05:13 AM
Smiff 24

Default RE: Tmaxx question.

To put a price on it , Gotta know what version it is !!
2.5, 2.5r, or 3.3
Did you try it out, run it ?
300 seems a little on the high side but I havent seen it.
Does it have any extras ?
Old 12-01-2010, 05:32 AM
only1battman

ask the pawn shop owner if you can run the truck in the parking lot or somthing to see if it runs well.  if it is a 3.3 model with radio and other stuff (aka ready to run) then $290-$300 seems good but if it is a 2.5 or 2.5r then maybe $260 and for a .15 maybe $200.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:17 PM
ReaperGN

If the aluminum extra's are Traxxas then 300 for a good running 2.5 and up is reasonable. But it would have to have bulk heads, light weight chassis, servo mount's, lower brace's, engine mount, and exhaust pipe. If its not a full package than 300 is a bit much unless it has the 2.4ghz 3 channel radio. If its not Traxxas parts hen it really depends on the company. If they were made by HCR or UE then the truck could be worth more than 300. If its integy or rd logic's you might find some newbie to buy it but any one with experience probably wont touch it with a ten foot pole unless its cheaper than dirt.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:31 PM
goten5dbz

Thank you guys for all the replies. It says it comes with the radio and everything but im not too sure if it is a 2.4ghz. I think I probably wont be getting this considering it is pretty used and im not sure of brand parts it has.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:46 PM
nitrostam
My Feedback: (1)

i wouldent pay 125 for a used tmaxx especially with aluminm on it