Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

t-maxx 3.3 brushless conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 11:01 AM
jeepkid12345

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t-maxx 3.3 brushless conversion?

hello
i have a t-maxx 3.3 4908 and dont use it much anymore i like eletric much better, nitro are really fun too, but im into eletric now. So i guess im going to need some help i have a vxl-3s esc and motor setup i want to put into the t-maxx. Ive been looking online for conversions but i havent found any brushless ones only brushed, my guess is the tranny and drive train will handle it because its the 3.3, and i understand its going to take some work to get the motor mounted to the tranny and get it all to move right. My question is then is there any fourms or step by step how toos for doing this. is it going to be harder than its work, and will the motor overheat, i dont be running lipos in it most likly i kow htat will ovder heat it but how will proformance be, i just need to talk to someone whos done this before.
thanks
Old 05-18-2011, 11:32 AM
guys2nv

Default RE: t-maxx 3.3 brushless conversion?

Just buy a 3903/3908 chassis (around $30 on ebay w/ skids) and swap the front/rear ends on to it-not sure if the tranny is the same though. The brushed versions can handle brushless no problem-the 3903/3908 share the same parts other then the dual motor plate which for brushless you'll only need a single motor/plate/gear covers.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:47 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The VXL setups are built for the 1/10 trucks, you will kill either the motor or the esc. I you want to go brushless in the the T-Maxx then you will need a 1/8 brushless setup.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:56 PM
jeepkid12345

even if i only ran 8.4v nimh and geared it low u think it will kill the vxl, i had a feeling that the weight would be a problem, i just want to use it to offroad, like mud and sand and stuff. so you think i should just go brushed? i dont really need speed.