Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Tmaxx Tranny Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 03:21 AM
masire102684

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tmaxx Tranny Problem

Hey, I was wondering if anyone could tell me whats going on here. I have a Tmaxx 2.5 that i cant get to drive in forward or reverse, let me clarify exacally whats going on. Was out driving my Tmaxx a few days ago, was running really well forward and reverse was working perfectly. I flipped it a few times, the last time it flipped it just wouldnt go forward or reverse. when i lift the truck off the ground and hit the gas the wheels spin, and in reverse they spin the oposite way. It almost seems like the clutch in the tranny isnt engaging all the way. Now i know the tranny has a slipper clutch (whatever its called) and will only engage at certain RPM's. But however i dont know why exacally it doesnt seem to be getting any power. I've checked the spur gear to see if it came loose and ofc it was tight. So now i have a Tmaxx that runs perfect but wont drive. I've heard the trannys in the 2.5 are natorious for malfunctioning, but it just doesnt make sense as it didnt give any signs of failing before i flipped it. Anyway my question is how do i fix this, or what can check for to try and figure out the problem? Thanks!
Old 06-08-2011, 08:19 AM
khclodbuster
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Tmaxx Tranny Problem

I think your clutch is slipping, id check that out. maybe it need tightening or replaced. and i would make sure nothing is broken like drive shafts, diffs, tranz. but to me sounds like the clutch is slipping.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:00 PM
tommyg42

theres a grub screw in your transmission that could be broke, just happened to mine, same symptoms ift its not your clutch, its probably tranny screw.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:34 PM
thesouth1

ORIGINAL: tommyg42

theres a grub screw in your transmission that could be broke, just happened to mine, same symptoms ift its not your clutch, its probably tranny screw.
+1 on this suggestion. I have had the same issue many times. My advice is to "get to know your transmission". Don't be afraid to take it out, apart and see what's going on in there. If you have the time, print out a exploded view of it before you tinker just in case something falls out or you forget the order in which it goes back together.

EDIT: Traxxas doesn't seem to have the PDF of the orig. 2.5 anymore.. so I'll scan my exploded view and post it for you to print if needed.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79460.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	1622954