Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

revo spur gear clutch

Old 01-21-2012, 05:06 PM
6Ft Under

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default revo spur gear clutch

Has anyone upgraded the spur gear to the 3 peice aluminum shoe clutch. Mine just came in put on my 3.3 revo had to replace flywheel also came with it. But the 3 shoes are just floating so am i suppose to use the little wrap around sping from the original as it did not come with one. Any one know . and if you use it does it run ok compared to stock. thanks
Old 01-21-2012, 06:47 PM
Snook Man

Default RE: revo spur gear clutch

Since you had to install a new flywheel I will assume you meant engine clutch/bell and not spur gear/slipper clutch.

Most 3 shoe engine clutches work with 3 individual springs (1 spring per shoe). Most of the time if it is a 3 individual spring clutch system the springs will be included when the shoes and flywheel are sold as a package.

Some 3 shoe engine clutches are designed to use a wrap around spring like the stock clutch uses. It will depend on the manufacturer/design of the shoes you purchased as to whether they require 3 individual springs or 1 wrap around spring.

Usually if the wrap around spring will fit in the outer groove of the clutch shoes without protruding past the edge of the shoes it will work.

Old 01-21-2012, 07:02 PM
6Ft Under

Default RE: revo spur gear clutch

yeah has a groove cut around and stock spring will fit thanks