Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T Maxx to E Maxx conversion

Old 02-05-2012, 07:32 AM
nitrorcjunkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T Maxx to E Maxx conversion

I have been out of the RC game for a while now, due to several circumstances. I own a hopped up T-Maxx that I want to convert to electric- specifically CC Mamba Monster power. I have read lots of threads on this conversion. I am looking for feedback from people that have actually made the conversion. My specific questions are: 1) Transmission. Would I be better off getting a new E Maxx/REVO trans or converting my T Maxx trans (with FOC) to single speed? What about reverse? Is the Mamba SC capable of reverse? If I keep my TM trans, is it upgradable to a REVO slipper clutch? 2) Batteries. I am definitely going LiPo, but what configuration? 4s ? 6s? Is there room on a T Maxx chassis ( New Era billet extended wheelbase) for two 2s or 3s packs? Thanks for your input.

BTW- I will have a Picco .26 Max (blue head) and associated parts for sale soon.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:02 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: T Maxx to E Maxx conversion

I would just sell the T-Maxx and get the E-Maxx.. or better yet take a look at the Savage Flux HP or Savage Flux 2350.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: nitrorcjunkie

I have been out of the RC game for a while now, due to several circumstances. I own a hopped up T-Maxx that I want to convert to electric- specifically CC Mamba Monster power. I have read lots of threads on this conversion. I am looking for feedback from people that have actually made the conversion. My specific questions are: 1) Transmission. Would I be better off getting a new E Maxx/REVO trans or converting my T Maxx trans (with FOC) to single speed? What about reverse? Is the Mamba SC capable of reverse? If I keep my TM trans, is it upgradable to a REVO slipper clutch? 2) Batteries. I am definitely going LiPo, but what configuration? 4s ? 6s? Is there room on a T Maxx chassis ( New Era billet extended wheelbase) for two 2s or 3s packs? Thanks for your input.

BTW- I will have a Picco .26 Max (blue head) and associated parts for sale soon.
1. Ton of information on line. Do a google search for brushless emaxx conversion. I found a bunch of stuff with pictures.

2. Lipo. 4S. 4S is good to 40-50MPH and plenty fast enough to have fun and break stuff. 6S is for people that really like to break stuff.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:14 AM
pyromatic177

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

ORIGINAL: nitrorcjunkie

6S is for people that really like to break stuff.

I've been hearing that a lot LOL
Old 02-06-2012, 12:09 PM
steed2-inactive

6s is also for people that know how to drive, and like to have huge amounts of power, and manage to not break stuff. The 4s guys are always talking about 6s like its the devil, hell these sytems were designed for it. Why wouldn't you run 6s. Nothing like pulling up to a nitro thats wide open and shooting both tires skyward while leaving him in the dust.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:16 PM
pyromatic177

yeah i'm getting 6s for my ERBE build
Old 02-07-2012, 02:23 PM
nitrorcjunkie

I have done a ton of reading on the conversion. What I was asking for is feedback from those that have actually done the conversion. I have a New Era billet extended chassis I want to build on. Isn't the E Maxx chassis plastic? I already know I'm gonna use the Mamba Monster system, so I can run 6s if I want to. I'm nowhere near a newbie to this hobby, just to the electric Maxx idea.