Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

my newest T-Maxx Bulid......Questions also! (what parts, what model, what fits)

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

my newest T-Maxx Bulid......Questions also! (what parts, what model, what fits)

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 06:10 PM
MPevine11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my newest T-Maxx Bulid......Questions also! (what parts, what model, what fits)

well i had a roller t-maxx, and like an idiot sold it a couple weeks ago. had a bunch of upgrades and was almost comlete. i regretted selling it, and recently got a t-maxx in a trade. No idea the model #, if anyone knows please let me know.

WHAT IM LOOKING FOR:
looking for a truck i can race at the track for fun with my cousin, but can also change the tires and bash in my yard.
any changes/add on's to my upgrade list would be awesome!

heres the upgrades i have in mind:
Tekno R/C Adjustable Wing Mount T-Maxx TKR1009TM $24
OFNA Fuel Tank: 9.5 OFN40066 $16
RPM A-arms $44
Axial Post 7x40mm Grey (2)( to mount fuel tank) $7.99
RCZTRA017 RCScrewz Traxxas T-Maxx 2.5R Stainless Steel Screw Kit $24.99
integy front bulkheads $33
integy rear bulkheads $32
wing $9
CVD's $51
center CVD's $40
Traxxas 5334 Left & Right Axle Carriers Revo -$12
Pivot Ball Caps(4)Revo 3.3 $12
losi fuel clips $3.30
Red Turn Buckles/linkage $??
THS Exhaust - $40
*higher tooth spur gear (whats a good #of teeth?)
*NEW SERVOS (what servos?)
*tires and wheels?

this will be a slow build over time, adding a couple things at a time.....

some pictures of how the truck is now:

HERES THE ONE I SOLD; (going to build the one i have now simmilar to this)
Old 07-12-2012, 01:49 AM
MPevine11

Default RE: my newest T-Maxx Bulid......Questions also! (what parts, what model, what fits)

help/suggestions?
Old 07-12-2012, 08:50 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: my newest T-Maxx Bulid......Questions also! (what parts, what model, what fits)

That's the newer 3.3 with the extended chassis, I believe it's the current model idk model number. Be careful you get the correct center cvd's though as the front one is longer than the other models. Personally I'd stay with the plastic shafts as long as they're not worn out and sloppy. Then again I like my trucks light, so I'd ditch the aluminum bumpers too. Alum bulks are a must though, might want at least the rear shock tower in aluminum too because of the wing mount.

Performance: For steering servo you want at least 200-250oz, get the strongest, fastest servo you can afford. For throttle brake 125oz is fine, but get the fastest transit time you can afford. Traxxas 2075 is pretty quick and is reasonably priced, great for throttle/brake. Throttle should be .10-.14sec, steering should be at or under .15sec. Personally I'd use a flat Rx pack mounted to the bottom of the chassis under the fuel tank. A simple custom center skid/Rx pack skid/holder can be made out of lexan or alum. Traxxas shocks suck even the big bores. Ofna LX series buggy shocks work well, and can be had reasonably on eBay. The RPM true trac kit is a worthwhile handling upgrade as well.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:25 AM
pyromatic177

Why'd you sell that sweet roller LOL. The T-maxx you have now is sweet though!