Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

Questions about the Stampede 4x4 VXL, Motor Fan and Heatsink required for 2s Lipos?

Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Questions about the Stampede 4x4 VXL, Motor Fan and Heatsink required for 2s Lipos?

Old 01-17-2014, 01:13 AM
Custnam

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Questions about the Stampede 4x4 VXL, Motor Fan and Heatsink required for 2s Lipos?

Hello Forum, just got back into RC and picked up the Stampede 4x4 VXL. I just got 2 new 2s Lipos that I will be running on the stock gearing. I already have the VXL ESC fan, but in another forum someone said I need to get a motor heatsink and fan also. Is this necessary running only a 2s lipo with the stock Velineon system and stock gearing? And if so what one do you recommend? After a little research I found the T8074 Blue Integy Motor fan, but the reviews arent all that great. Thanks
Old 01-27-2014, 07:30 AM
tattoosonme
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would sugest to get one i smoked two motors from the heat.however i bought just a heatsink to fit the motor an a extra vxl3s fan an made a y adapter to plug it in. In my opinion the vxl setup is underpowered for the pede ive decided to step up to an 1/8 scale brushless system
Old 01-28-2014, 12:12 AM
Custnam

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tattoosonme
I would sugest to get one i smoked two motors from the heat.however i bought just a heatsink to fit the motor an a extra vxl3s fan an made a y adapter to plug it in. In my opinion the vxl setup is underpowered for the pede ive decided to step up to an 1/8 scale brushless system
Thanks, I went with the better safe than sorry route and bought one.