Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

pros and cons of sensored vrs sensorless on a 1/10 summit

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.
View Poll Results: sensored or sensorless
sensored
100.00%
sensorless
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

pros and cons of sensored vrs sensorless on a 1/10 summit

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 03:41 AM
tictactics

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pros and cons of sensored vrs sensorless on a 1/10 summit

ok,still kinda a noob on the technical side of things. so when in doubt, rely on experienced people.

set up is a bone stock summit 1/10.
current spur is 65t
stock diffs- i want to retain the T-lock feature

tires have been upgraded to the TRENCHERS

tossing up between a CC 2200kv/MM set up, or the ever popular RX8 set up.

mostly will be used for loose dirt bashing,but a good bit of rock crawling..........

experience with my E Revo says the CC set up will be glitchy and jumpy when trying to crawl.

if swap to a tekin set up,will that affect transmitter,reciever set up?

any help will be greatly appreciated............. never dealt with a sensored set up before
Old 09-09-2014, 04:55 AM
savagecommander

why would tekin affect transmitter setup? if youre into crawling, sensored is the way to go.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:23 PM
tictactics

Originally Posted by savagecommander
why would tekin affect transmitter setup? if youre into crawling, sensored is the way to go.
Affect as in have to use different rx/tx set up,ect
Old 09-09-2014, 06:58 PM
savagecommander

you shouldnt need to change anything
Old 09-10-2014, 03:41 AM
tictactics

my main goals in the upgrade is purely just a bit more controllable power. mainly for the larger,heavier wheels then what came stock. if i leave stock set up i know with in time the added strain on the motor will burn something up. im not wanting to take a summit and make it a revo, i have a revo for the speed. im looking for just a little more turning power for the hard climbs mainly. i know with my brushless revo,trying to go slow when trying something technical can be a challenge,wants to lurch and jump. thats my only hang up on the CC combo. have a spare set setting in tool box as we speak.
from what little i have found in researching thinking its a fairly simple jump from sensorless to sensored.. picked the RX8 from pure popularity acrost the forum boards have read. seems to be reliable. but also open to other suggestions.

any help will be greatly appreciated
Old 09-10-2014, 06:07 AM
savagecommander

sensored will give you the smoothest low speeds. just grab a sensored motor with a lower KV and youll have all the low speed power you could need
Old 09-11-2014, 03:19 AM
tictactics

yeah,still doing alot of reading up on them, but looking like going to be 1800-2050kv. the weight is another issue got to work on,mainly trying to proportion it correctly so not to lean to one corner too much