Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

Want a failsafe for my tmaxx 2.5 soon to be 3.3

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Want a failsafe for my tmaxx 2.5 soon to be 3.3

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 09:10 PM
themikeey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want a failsafe for my tmaxx 2.5 soon to be 3.3

Hey everyone, I keep hearing that the best thing to have is a failsafe with your truck. I know what a failsafe does but don't know a good one to get, I have the first generation transmitter and I want to upgrade that with the a new failsafe also. What failsafe and new transmitter(controller) should I get and where?
Old 10-29-2014, 02:39 PM
jkdv8
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most new radios have a built in fail safe. TQi for example has one but it is not programmable. Just returns all servos to neutral in the event radio contact is lost. I've used the ofna fail safe before with great results but wasn't compatible with the TQi I received. That one is programmable and had it where it applied 75% brake in the event of lost signal. Return spring is a good idea as well.