Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

Constantly breaking skid plates and bulkheads on brushless 3908

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Constantly breaking skid plates and bulkheads on brushless 3908

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 08:27 AM
TheBennyB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Constantly breaking skid plates and bulkheads on brushless 3908

Anyone know of replacement skid plates for the 3908 that wont keep cracking and leading to bulkhead failures?
I know RPM makes bulkheads but not a bolt in one piece skid plate? I looked at the 3 piece skid plate
covers but that won't help with the cracking of the original skid plate since they are basically just covers over
the original and aren't integral with the rigidity of the original skid plates. Getting tired of replacing skid plates
and bulkheads every time I run. Thanks for any help.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:36 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All TMaxx and EMaxx trucks use the same skids and bulkheads, only the plastic itself changed over the years. Every skid plate option has a disadvantage. The RPM's do a good job of keeping the lower part of the skid intact where it bolts to the bulkhead, but hit the right object and the front/upper part will still break off. The front of aluminum skids will bend, period. FLM makes about the best aluminum skids currently for the Maxx truck.

The best skids are titanium, they bend during impact but always spring back. Only 2 companies made real titanium skids that bolt onto stock bulks, Hardcore Racing (HCR) and Great Assembly (GA). Unlimited Engineering made some but they only fit their special bulkheads. HVR quit the RC business, GA is still around but last time I checked titanium skids weren't in stock. It's worth checking if they're making them again and checking eBay for a used set as they're basically indestructible. Being indestructible can be a bad thing though as the skid can shear off the screws holding them on in a bad impact. Use a high quality screw, not the stock ones and that shouldn't be an issue unless you run into a telephone pole at 30+ mph.
Old 11-05-2014, 06:50 AM
TheBennyB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info. I'll check into GA plates.