Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

Transmission problem.. With pic & question! :)

Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Transmission problem.. With pic & question! :)

Old 12-15-2014, 06:02 AM
Long Hair Rick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission problem.. With pic & question! :)

Whats the difference between "Standard" & "Wide" gear set? This is what I need here, Correct. Any other parts I'll need to fix this?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	10863760_851470731541328_1284234691_n.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	2055216  
Old 12-15-2014, 09:05 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your trans does not have a wide and narrow headset available for it, that's the newer grey trans. Go to Traxxas.com, Products, Nitro and find TMaxx Classic. Then click Downloads for exploded views with part numbers. I can't tell what's wrong there other than your missing the metal ring that bolts to the plastic gear. Also kind of looks like a grub screw laying in there, thats not right. That metal disc (2 speed pawl) has two grub screws, the one that's angled adjust when it shifts into 2nd gear and the other holds the disc onto the shaft. That loose grub screw is likely for the 2 speed adjustment. There should be a spring in the disc, if it's still there just put the grub screw back and adjust after you get the truck running. If the spring is missing you'll need to buy a new 2nd gear pawl assembly n