Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Aftermarket for the tmaxx

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 05:33 PM
Tashco27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket for the tmaxx

I have an emaxx that is almost all rpm blue. Now it's time to dress up my 19 year old stock tmaxx. What companies make parts for the tmaxx? I know rpm and integy. Who else makes parts??
Old 03-28-2015, 01:22 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fast Lane Machine (FLM) has chassis, towers, skids, arms, etc. better quality than Integy. RC-Monster has a few, Great Assembly (GA), Vantage, MIP, Golden Horizons (GH), GPM, Hot Racing and there are plenty more.

Try googling the part you want and then just look through the results. You'll see different manufacturers and can pick and choose from there.
Old 03-28-2015, 08:58 PM
Maxximize

Remember, if you want to keep it original make sure that you get original short A arms. These are rare these days, but can be found on Ebay every now and then. Most anything aside from suspension parts will interchange between model years with some slight mods here and there. I am currently slowly working on a 4910 1999 spec T Maxx myself. I recently got a full set of RPM Purple short A arms off Ebay for $25, shipped. They are used but look brand new. RPM makes some great stuff, I've bent some aluminum parts over the years but never broke an RPM part. I'd steer clear of Integy for sure myself.
Old 03-29-2015, 03:44 PM
Tashco27

Ya. I'm not a fan of integy myself. The aluminum is too soft. Although they do make good tools! Lol. You say that my a-arms are shorter? I never knew that. If I buy a set of new a-arms from RPM would they still work? I'm not too worried about bringing it back to stock. I bought my truck brand new and it is all original right now. I want to upgrade it. Maybe once I do I can help you up with my original parts if you want them. Thanks for the info. I love working on my maxx and it seems like you do too. I also just bought a brand new emaxx 3903 a couple of months ago. Rpm a-arms, rear a-arm conversion,bulkheads,shock towers and a set of trenchers. Now it's time to do the t-maxx!!
Old 03-31-2015, 09:58 PM
Maxximize

Yea they will work, but you will need to buy some parts first. Some 3.3 axles, axle carriers with bearings, a 3.3 steering linkage, and turnbuckles make is a drop in mod. The old school stuff is too short for the new arms. When I swapped mine to 3.3 arms I bought THS 3.3 Maxx CVD's and the stock 3.3 carriers and turnbuckles along with the 3.3 steering linkage and it all bolted right together. The old pivot balls will work in the new A arms, though even if you use 3.3 carriers. You might be able to get the old stock axles with the old axle carriers to work if the axles extend far enough, but you'd still need the new turnbuckles and steering linkage for sure. The old arms are quite a bit shorter, here's a pic of them next to the 3.3 ones, and the old one I'm holding isn't even lined up with the A arm pin in that pic, so the difference is greater even than that pic shows it to be. It is a nice upgrade for sure, much harder to roll over with those wide arms on there! Add some 50% offset wheels to it, and it'll handle like an over sized buggy

I love my Maxx trucks, in my opinion there is no replacing them. So many mods can be done, the list is endless! After finishing up the big block truck, I've gotta have an original to complement it now since it was my first real monster truck. When you get done I may be able to use some parts you have, I have enough spare parts to put together another partial T Maxx even after this one I'm working on now is done, so I may build a stripped down light stadium Maxx, too.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-04-01 00.46.21.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	892.2 KB
ID:	2085581  

Last edited by Maxximize; 03-31-2015 at 10:07 PM.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:08 AM
Tashco27

Wow. That is a big difference. I guess my best bet is to find some older rpm arms. I don't really want to take apart the truck. I'm still learning. Thanks for the info
Old 04-01-2015, 08:36 PM
Maxximize

No problem bud. Yea it would be the easiest route for sure. The only problem is RPM doesn't actually make them anymore so you will only find them on Ebay or in the classifieds on forums It took me a few weeks of haunting Ebay to find the ones I have. At least now you know what to look for, I've seen some arms mislabeled as being T Maxx .15 short arms that were actually 2.5/3.3 arms on Ebay. The smaller holes the shocks run through are a dead give away though, and the bottom arms for the .15 only have 2 mounting holes for the shocks vs the 3 on the newer ones. You could try posting an ad in the classified section here, and I recommend starting an account over at RC Tech forums and posting in the wanted to buy section there, too. That site has a lot more traffic than this one does these days. I had an ad there for 2 days for .15 a arms and got 2 replies from a guy with black RPM arms and a guy with aluminum ones. I went with these instead because I like some color to my trucks. The nice part is once you get those, the rest of the truck's parts are mostly interchangeable.

For mine I'm leaving the chassis and drive line stock, but I'm going to use the RPM bulkheads, bulkhead braces, arms, and shock towers with some aluminum skids and chassis braces. I'm going with an O.S. .18 CV-RX with a truly classic MIP Stinger rear pipe. I'm also toying with the idea of using an Ofna Monster Pirate fuel tank over the stocker. I'm not sure if it will fit yet, but it should be close to the stock size, holds the same amount of fuel, and is a better design. Aside from that I can't think of anything else I want to do to it yet, though I'm not entirely sure the stock drive line will handle that engine.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:41 AM
Tashco27

Thanks for all the info. I'm gonna start looking for those parts. You've really been a big help
Old 04-04-2015, 12:34 AM
Maxximize

No problem bro, glad I could help out. Good luck with your search, if I find any I'll post it in here for you.