Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

t-maxx motor upgrade

Old 04-22-2015, 04:33 PM
bdeckert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t-maxx motor upgrade

Ok here goes. I have an older T-Maxx I put now 2 3.3 in it and they have both failed. I did break them in. What should I put in it. I have done some surfing on the net and am looking at a Piccco. I would like to here for people who have done this or should I stay with the 3.3? I have a bunch of upgraded drive line parts on this to handle the power. I only use it as a toy I do not race and just want something for a toy and don't have to tune all the time.
Old 04-26-2015, 01:24 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get the O.S. 21tm Maxx drop in engine. The Ofna/Picco may have more peak power but the OS is no slouch. The OS holds a tune very well, has a wider tuning window and is just an easy engine to live with.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:05 PM
Maxximize

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea the O.S. .21TM is an excellent engine. One of my RC buddies has one and it is quite impressive, miles ahead of the TRX engines and better overall quality than the Picco Maxx engine. I've never had good luck with the TRX engines after the old Pro .15, which was decent but slow. The new ones run like crap but are fast in my experience. I'm not sure of how good it is by Dynamite makes a .19 drop in replacement, too. If you get the O.S. buy the THS T Maxx pipe to go with it, the stocker seems to choke it off but it likes the THS pipe.