Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Tmaxx/Emaxx help

Old 06-10-2016, 01:00 PM
Carlbo3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tmaxx/Emaxx help

Converting a tmaxx to e and want to know if the trans has forward only does it have to have a
single speed kit or can I just set the set screw for shifting all the way so it will shift right away???????????????
Old 06-10-2016, 03:36 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You really don't want it shifting unless you're using a small motor with not much voltage. When the trans shifts it'll send shock loads through the drivetrain which is t the toughest to begin with. What motor and voltage battery are you planning to use? Also do you have the black or the grey trans? If you have the grey trans you can buy a couple motor pinions in the correct size (need to lookup the size) and make the trans all metal, forward only and single speed.

The black trans can be locked in 2nd fairly easily without the single speed kit. But with the black trans you'll really want to do the double output gear mod that puts an additional gear on the intermediate and output shaft. Really toughens up the trans.