Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Li Po...So many options, Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2018, 10:42 AM
BTiggles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Li Po...So many options, Please Help!

Buying a stampede vxl 4x4 and I’m considering a few different 2s batteries and chargers. I want to get the maximum run time and power without damaging the internals. I’ve been looking at the Gen Ace 5000 mah 50C, the traxxas 7600 mah 25C, and a few others. Also looking at the traxxas iD smart chargers and the Tenergy TB6-B charger. With so many choices for each I really need some input from an experienced hobbyist. Thanks for any advice!
Old 01-01-2018, 06:55 PM
Flora

My nephew gets about a half hour with his Stampede 4x4 with Gens ace 5000mah 50C 2S batteries, they have great punch and always take 5000+ mah charge. You will not be disappointed with Gens Ace batteries. Hope they stay in stock.

Last edited by Flora; 01-01-2018 at 06:59 PM.
Old 01-04-2018, 06:35 PM
TRAXXIAL

I run the same gensace lipos in my 4x4 'pede, they are a good choice. If you hammer the throttle a lot, your drive shafts (especially rears) will probably break. If you do break them, I recommend upgrading to Tekno M6's or MIP X duty drive shafts. I run the tekno's and really like them. For the charger, the Tenergy seems like a pretty good choice, but I would also check out the HITEC RDX1.