Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

TO T MAXX OR NOT TO T MAXX...that is the question

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

TO T MAXX OR NOT TO T MAXX...that is the question

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 09:55 PM
The Boss

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: TO T MAXX OR NOT TO T MAXX...that is the question

Here is some more FACT!!!... unlike the B.S that is posted by some of the t maxx loyalistys[sm=bananahead.gif]

Traxxas products (like there radio systems) are so good that they (Traxxas) offers a 30 DAY WARRANTY on there radio systems that come with there kits like the t maxx.

QUOTE; from the traxxas site...
"All of the Traxxas electronics come with an extended service plan. After the expiration of the warranty period (30 days from time of purchase), Traxxas will repair electronic components for a flat rate of $15.00 plus $5.00 for shipping and handling. The electronic components covered under this service plan include electronic speed controls, transmitters, receivers, and servos." end QUOTE

NOW keep in mind that (brand name) radios systems like Futaba, Airtronics and others that come on most other rtr kits on the market have at least a ONE YEAR WARRANTY... what is that telling you about traxxas quality???DOH!!![sm=bananahead.gif] LOL

QUOTE; from Futaba site...
"Futaba digital proportional RC systems are warranted to the original purchaser for one full year from the date of purchase against defects in material and workmanship. During this period Futaba will repair or replace, at our discretion, the defective component." end QUOTE

PEOPLE that taken the time to read though this thread can see the mentality of some of the (so called) t maxx loyalists, they post NOTHING BUT CRAP, PERSONAL INSULTS, and B.S that has NOTHING to do with the original topic. they continually try to change/twist the topic because they can NOT dispute the facts.

For those of you thinking about the t maxx product... to me another reason to STAY AWAY FROM IT, (besides it being a BAD/POOR bang for the buck or BAD/POOR value for your money), is "SOME" of the type of people, kids, retards or what ever that own one of these kiddy toys make everyone (even the good guys) look bad, thinking they are better, superior to other people that don't have the t maxx, some of them act like premadona's with there T TOYS, thinking nothing could be better than a t maxx..., to you guys I say HYLE HITLER!!! to you.

WS7gumby, why don't you take the time to read the thread before you start SPEWING your crap, yes smart guy, they are ALL toys, try reading.

Threat2sheep, did you get tired of choking your chicken, so you have to do some more slams with my user name... you LOOSER, guys like you should make everyone want to run out and buy a t maxx, just so they can be in your club... right back at you... JERK

Bubbafart, how many "THIS IS MY LAST POST" posts will you have???, this is the 4th or 5th one so far, I think you have been driving over one to many COW PIES on the farm with your Super S Maxx, or have you been smoking the cow pies???

WHAT A WASTE OF TIME LOL, post some facts guys or don't post.[sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 11-19-2003, 10:20 PM
The Boss

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: User_M87

Hello gator8! [8D]

What are your thoughts on the T-Maxx 2.5?

Thanks!
At this point, with kits like the Savage rtr .25 for about the same money and offers FAR MORE bang for the buck, all I can think to say right now is why bother with the small engined .15 t maxx. If you allready have the new .15 engined t maxx, I would say... enjoy it for what it is and when your ready...move on to bigger better products on the market.
Old 11-26-2003, 01:48 PM
clodzilla
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Live and let live dude, Just cuz you don't seem to enjoy the T-maxx, that dont mean its a "waste of money" as you put it. some people(myself included) love the truck. Its fun, CAN be raced(and is, quite succesfully, too)and it just plain looks cool. I think maybe your in the wrong hobby if you can't just let it be, manufacturers will make what they will wether or not "you" like it. this is just R/C cars, not a conspiracy to empty the wallets of us gullable fanatics. It's fun!!!! try to remember that!
Old 11-26-2003, 02:20 PM
clodzilla

onther point, if i may, whats this B.S. about a $1200 t-maxx "beating " a titan or savage,etc....Who cares, will it beat it, maybe , did he spend too much, only if he can't afford it. I guess my only question is, Why is the Whole choice of what anyone buys up to you, or how do you know whats the "best bang for the buck", maybe the "best bang for the buck" is a truck someone can customize to they'er own liking. value is in the eye of the beholder, so for you to say whats the best value or what will beat what, is just plain silly.And maybe someone will buy a T-maxx to race in their local tracks T-maxx class because the 1/8 scale class is too much for them, maybe they can't afford the high price of all the new .21 and bigger engines, maybe ,just maybe, they don't have $3000.00 laying aroung to go spend at the hobby shop just to make a silly point. People buy the truck they like for a reason(friend has one, track races 'em, looks cool, etc.) P.S. UE parts are awesome, expensive? yes. Worth it? If ya' got the dough, yeah!

OUT!
Old 11-26-2003, 02:25 PM
G1GY

ORIGINAL: clodzilla

Live and let live dude, Just cuz you don't seem to enjoy the T-maxx, that dont mean its a "waste of money" as you put it. some people(myself included) love the truck. Its fun, CAN be raced(and is, quite succesfully, too)and it just plain looks cool. I think maybe your in the wrong hobby if you can't just let it be, manufacturers will make what they will wether or not "you" like it. this is just R/C cars, not a conspiracy to empty the wallets of us gullable fanatics. It's fun!!!! try to remember that!
I think maybe your in the wrong hobby if you can't just let it be,
Speaking of just letting it be, why would you drag this thread back up from 5 or 6 pages back if you had an intrest in "just letting it be"?

Hmmmmm.....................Just looking, it seems that this the first thread you posted in since signing in.(This subject must be keeping you awake at night.)

Funny how there has been a few new users post in this thread and they haven't posted anywhere but this thread. Your not one of those people who have already been spanked are you?LOL Naaaaaa, can't be.

Everyone is stating their opinions in any forum. You are entiteled to yours just as I'm entiteled to mine.

So realy what I'm trying to say is "I will defend to your death my right to my opinion."
Old 11-26-2003, 04:26 PM
vtl1180ny

Why did I read all this??????

I just don't get the hatred towards the T-maxx?????

The T-maxx is a good truck, plain and simple.... I am by no means a newbie in this hobby, I've been doing this since the 70's, long before the majority of the kiddies here were born... I own a Pro15 T-maxx and the truck has served me well for its intended purpose... It's my backyard/empty lot or wherever bashing machine... I've got well over 8 gallons through the engine and it still starts and goes, a little slow these days though... I've replaced 1 spur gear and a high speed needle, both of which broke because of my own stupidity... I did replace the shocks with the shocks I wanted in the truck, but I do this with everything I own... beat the daylights out of mine and have never had the durability issues I am reading so much about... I take the truck for what it is, a tall monster truck... It IS NOT a race truck, my T4 and even origional 10T are race trucks... It IS NOT a high speed vehicle, my Nitro TC3, Nitro 4 tec, MR4TC and TC3 are High speed vehicles... It was not intended to jump 30 feet into the air, if I want to go high I pull out one of my helicopters or airplanes...

I have no clue how people are spending 3k and up on their T-Maxxes unless they just keep changing parts more than their underwear... I am in the process of building a .21+ T-maxx from the ground up... I was going to rip apart my Pro15, but it's just been way too failthful to me, though it's time for an engine rebuild... I am building an all aluminum truck, not because I have to but because I want to... Sure I could have bought a savage or a titan or whatever but it's MY money... I wll be nowhere near that figure, by a long shot... I have the majority of the truck completed less the engine and radio currently... With brand new rims and tires I've spent $600 on an all aluminum truck... I have a complete rolling chassis, drivetrain and all... A little shopping around does wonders... All I need to do is decide on what engine I want and install my FM radio gear so I can use my computer radio... So for under a grand I built something the way I wanted... Traxxas made no money off me on this, the only Traxxas parts are the tranny and diffs which I got off ebay... Eventually those will go to...
Old 11-26-2003, 06:40 PM
clodzilla

good point, sorry.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:46 PM
MIKEA46996

Wow, was bored and decided to read some old threads. If anybody ever sees this let me try to explain it this way. I have a T-maxx. It was my first nitro powered truck. I raced for years with electrics, my first was a Blackfoot, lol, image that. Went to a Losi. the RC10T. After seeing a T-maxx I thought it would be fun, and it was got me hooked on nitro. Since then I raced 1/8 scale nitro, 1/10 scale truck, and even the stock T-maxx when they offered that class. I have since quit racing due to time restraints, work, etc.. After years I sold most of my stuff, except for the T-maxx. And yes I know it is a gaint piece of crap money pit. Recently the nitro bug bite me again. New RC10GT2, Spektrum radio, Rossi motor so on and so forth. But I still wanted a TOY so out came the Maxx again. Aluminium chassis and braces, shock towers, bulkheads, gearboxes, trans, RPM arms and body mounts(like shiny but I'm not stupid Aluminium A-Arms are nuts and should be outlawed, what a waste) New RB motor, tires, wheels,and had to upgrade to Spektrum too. LOL I know it is not a race truck, I know it is outdated, but I know I LOVE that piece of crap. You have to understand its not that those of us that "upgrade" our Maxxs think they are a race truck, it's just an obsession. and as far as the aftermarket and the manufactor making a killing on these things. Welcome to the good ol USA. if we cant work hard and spend it on what we truly enjoy I guess I should grow potatoes and make Vodka. Sorry you Russian guys, I just needed to make a point. So to all the haters just try to see it from our point its a love affair.
Old 04-22-2020, 04:40 PM
DaneCrea

Talking My experience with a TMaxx

Originally Posted by The Boss
MY THOUGHTS ON THE TRAXXAS T MAXX PRODUCT... Warning long post! and it is not meant to offend anyone with a t maxx, just to give you something to think about.

I thought I would share some of my opinons on this product on this forum. My opinons are coming from being in this hobby for about 15+ years and owning many/most r/c products at one time or another.

(copyed from our www.nitroextreme.com club forum)
"OK guys, the reason I thought I would start this thread because I seen a guy posted on the old maxxtraxx forum about (getting out of the hobby) because he was pissed off about buying his T-maxx and having to spend more and more money on it and it still did not perform as well as other M/T trucks (it was a hot topic) and is located in the lounge thread. I have also spoken too 2 other guys that have the new style maxx and they have told me that quoteI am unhappy with the amount of parts I had to change shortly after I bought it, the new engine is breaking more parts). We have also had guys come out to the park with there .21 super maxxes, braging about spending $2.000 to $3.000 dollars or more on there trucks, only to be beaten badly by $500.oo to $600.oo dollar true 8scale trucks. I want to give you guys something to think about. (this is also not a flame) First I would like to say, I like the new t-maxx and I think it is a good beginers entry level truck for some one that is just getting into the hobby and the fact is traxxas deserves credit because the maxx has brought many new people into this hobby and has helped make more interest for more M/T trucks. (kudos to you traxxas, you deserve it) you are truly a master of marketing. OK, now the problem with what has happened to the T-maxx is all the after market stuff has gone nuts with so called upgrades, which many are not, but many newbes that have come into this hobby don't under stand this and get sucked into buying hunderds if not thousands of dollars of extra CRAP! for them, trying to turn it or convert it into something it is not. There are some good upgrades to get for this kit but you have to be carfull not to get sucked in and buy the junk. I have spoken with one of the local HS owners before and he has told me quote: (WE COULD SELL T-MAXXES FOR COST BECAUSE WE MAKE SO MUCH MONEY OFF OF UPGRADED PARTS FOR THEM). Now I want you guys to think about this, what is this telling you about this product? I would also tell you guys a fact, for the money you would spend to build a .21 super maxx with all the needed upgrades for the drive train, you could own 2-3 or more true 8scale trucks that could and would kill a super maxx in performance. The fact is, you could build and spend all the money you like on one but you will NEVER be able to beat a true 8scale pan chassis vehicle with it on a track or in a race. This is not B.S and a fact and we have shown many guys this fact at the club park many times over. Most of our members have always said, if you want a .21 truck just go and buy one, it will be cheaper and better than any .21 maxx. This has been an example of one of the worst t-maxx upgrades you could spend your hard earned money on, as another member has said quote: (why try and turn a chevette into a corvette), why not just go buy the corvette in the first place?. It has always made me laugh when I hear some store employee say (LOOK AT ALL THE UPGRADES YOU CAN BUY FOR THE MAXX), this is a joke, the fact is the after market industry loves inferior products, (it gives them a chance to make more money off it). Has anyone ever thought of why does'nt the kit come with better parts in the first place??? (it's to keep you spending MONEY!!!) I am not telling anyone that may read this not to buy a t-maxx but the fact is there are so many other good cheap kits out there, like the hpi .21 savage truck (designed and built as a .21 truck) for $20.oo dollars more than a maxx or many other .21 8scale trucks that are hundreds of dollars cheaper than a maxx. The fact is the hobby stores that just want to pump and promote the t-maxx ONLY are not doing the consumers any favers, infact in some cases they are hurting the consumers by not showing them other options before they spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on this product. This is where I and others have a beef with some stores and employees that only want to push the maxx and try to discourage people from buying other products that are just as good if not better. I know as a consumer myself, I don't want to be sucked into buying stuff just because the store needs to make money off of me. My opinon for guys that own maxxes is, enjoy it for what it is and when you are ready, MOVE ON TO BIGGER AND BETTER THINGS".
I have to say I agree with MOST of what you said. The Tmaxx is a rabbit hole you can jump down and bury yourself in debt. A few things I learned over the course of owning one. Mine was the original 2.5. Two of my buddies and I went and bought them together. Broke them in as per instructions, and had the worst time keeping that motor running. We could never even get them to run long enough to tune them. But usually if they started, they would rip like you wouldn't believe. I watched them buy aluminum a-arms, and a million other wasteful things not needed. I learned from their mistakes, did the RPM a-arms (single best upgrade ever) and years later had to do aluminum bulkheads and aluminum diff cases. Never have had problems with any of that. But I did do the .21 upgrade. I have the hardcore racing version, titanium chassis. I did it for two reasons. One, I wanted just that little bit of extra length for stability, and two, I wanted a motor that was a bit more powerful and easier to tune. My son recently bought a 3.3 Revo, and i'll say, that motor is a DREAM. I wish I had that option back then. But, my point is, the maxx is great for a rtr truck. It can be upgraded smartly and not cost the world. And there are a few reasons to have done the .21 upgrade other than trying to make it an 1/8th scale truck. That was never an intention because it's always cheaper to buy what you are trying to be in that case. In my opinion, if people avoid going shiny on everything, and just use the tmaxx for what it is, it has been one of the most game changing rc trucks in history.