Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Can someone help me out?

Old 02-01-2005, 11:37 PM
slug_nut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone help me out?

I'am wanting to get into RCing but don't know where to get started...
Far as I know is I want a Gas powered truck. Also I'am not sure if I want 4x4 or 2x4? Do they make a truck where you can switch it back and fourth? Also what would be a good truck to buy? I want a truck that has enough power and is fun to use back in the motocross truck in the dirt and grass, It will see some jumping to. I just want it for recreationial not acuale racing.

Any good Recomendations for a truck around 400 US DOLLARS that would be good for me?
Old 02-01-2005, 11:55 PM
sandboy75

Default RE: Can someone help me out?

Savage T-maxx and Revo are all great trucks.
I would do some reserch and see what you like.
Many opnions will be given to you but look at what you want..

As for my sugestion I love my revo its a great truck some say its not very durable but I have yet to break anything.
I do enjoy raceing and so the Revo is a good choice. Its great at bashing and even better at raceing.
I kinda like to tell people new to the hobby to buy something that they can race. It's better to buy something you can race then to buy a basher and find that you want to race after you already have an investment in a truck that cant race....
Old 02-02-2005, 12:17 AM
wjaw007

I agree with the above post those are all good choices. you posted ina traxxas section so i think your gonna get mostly traxxas reccomendations. I personally love my t-maxx but I have an engin swap and a few other things. Parts are easy to come by and cheap but so are the other trucks. Its all about what you want. As for the 4x4 issue, I would get a 4x4 inless your going to race but you can always convert a 4x4 to 2x4 and vise versa.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:22 AM
slug_nut

So if I buy a 4x4 truck there is a way to make it in to 2x4? and then be able to bring it back to 4x4?
Old 02-02-2005, 02:54 PM
pritch

Well, you could always start with a Sportmaxx, which 2wd out of the box, then upgrade it to 4wd it later. Not sure how easy it is to get ti back to 2wd again though. I don't think it's meant to be like a swap in, swap out thing.

One thing I would say is if you're totally new to r/c I mean totally new, gas trucks is a little like diving in at the deep end. Just as long as you know what you're getting into, and have a lot of patience and good parts availability, all should be cool. This is where Traxxas score points because they deliver to your door but if you have a LHS that stocks HPI et al that's fine too.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:02 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Honestly, I'd recommend a Savage. toughest truck on the market.
If it weren't for the cost of repairs on my end, I'd love to see my SportMAXX hit a Savage head-on both going 40 mph. that'd be cool.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:39 PM
tommythecat
My Feedback: (2)

Just get a 4X4 and stick with it, unless you are really sure you want 2wd. You can always drop the front drive-shaft and make it run 2-wheel, but you will still have all the drag on the front wheels from the diff gears, unless you want to drop all 3 front shafts, but that would be a pain.

4wd is the best especially if you plan on running in grass or doing hill-climbs.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:42 PM
JEXTEL
My Feedback: (1)

Bro take it from me im 16 and I got in to the whole sport of rcing when I was 14 and I bought the wrong truucks for someone that dont have a job I RECOMMEND A RUSTLER .15 PRO because there easier to tune and they last a while..

First I bought a Duratrax buggy (there crap) cost to much and never got to tune it good
Second I bought a RUSTLER .15 PRO for 200 bucks from a friend had one problem I broke a arm
Thrid I bought a Tmaxx(YOU NEED A J O B FOR THIS TRUCK YOU WILL CONSTANTLY BREAK STUFF AND IT TAKES ALOT OF MANTIENCE BECAUSE OF THE 4X4 FEATURES)

Also if you dont get the rustler .15 PRO get some kind of studium truck they last a while and durable Monster trucks require more knowedgle and MONEY