Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

HELP! Slow REVO with Sirio .23...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 10:10 PM
bmoranx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Slow REVO with Sirio .23...

Hello to all! I reciently purchased a Revo and added a Sirio .23 for power. Saying I am underwelmed in an understatement... I am running a 16 tooth clutch bell, 3 shoe clutch. My fuel is Trinity Monster Power 25% and my glow plug is a McCoy MC-9. I think my problem may be the fact that I am still using the stock pipe. I have about a 1/2 gallon through it so far but the Sirio does not seem much stronger than my 2.5R. So far the engine appears to be tuned well. I have snappy throttle response and it shifts into second just fine. I was expecting stump pulling wheelie power. I expecting too much? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanx/Bruce[&o]
Old 02-16-2005, 03:06 PM
piccorevo

Default RE: HELP! Slow REVO with Sirio .23...

i think you need to lean out your lsn if u aint getting wheelies from a .23 engine
Old 02-16-2005, 03:51 PM
binaryterror

You're slipper could be too loose or gone...
Old 02-16-2005, 04:42 PM
freez

i had the sirio .23 with the stock pipe , that is your problem , you need to get an 1/8 scale or a bb pipe for that engine . You could also drill out the stinger on the stock pipe . I have heard of people doing this . i ended up using the hpi ribbed pipe , and it made a world of difference

this engine sreams , it is unbelievable , try a different pipe , you wont regret it
Old 02-16-2005, 10:20 PM
popa71

Im not a big fan of the sirio maxx/ revo engines. I had the .18 in my Maxx. First I drilled the stinger in my stock pipe then I put the big bore pipe on it. It never seemed to have the power I expected plus I lost my wheelies on command. I think i might go with the Rb or the Os 18 thats if I swap the engine at all. Im going to need to see some awesome Reviews before I dump the 2.5. I run traxxas 33 % and Os #3 plugs and i think the 2.5 is a pretty good mill. I think the Sirios are over rated.
Old 02-17-2005, 01:25 AM
ratman572

The right pipe will make all the difference. Go with what freez suggested, or else use the pipe that I use on mine, the RB 86.

That engine will take a while to "come around" in regards to break-in. Mine really started to wake up after a gallon, and it seems to only be getting better, and I'm into the third gallon of fuel.

This engine needs an 1/8 scale pipe to work. Even drilling stingers out on smaller pipes simply won't get it done. The chamber volume on the smaller pipes are way too small for an engine that size, and therefore the resonant tuning will be way off.

The Maxx truck that my .23 is in is pretty much uncontrollable with the .23, so don't give up. I know there are a select few people that don't like Sirio, -and that's fine, but I have to give credit when it's due, the .23 is really a great running engine. There is absolutely no reason that a properly tuned and set up .23 won't flip your Revo on it's back and burn up slipper clutches.

My .23 burned through virtually every aftermarket slipper clutch I could get my hands on, therefore my slipper is no longer a slipper. I have had to resort to pinning the slipper out on mine just to keep that motor from burning them up continuously.

Stick with it, and I think you'll find that the .23 definitely has what it takes to "git 'er done".
Old 02-17-2005, 02:20 PM
bmoranx

Thanks for the info! Today I installed the new Trinity Pipe w/Manifold for the Revo. All I can say is WOW! this difference in not night and day, it more like day and year...LOL! The motor comes up on the RPM's so much faster... Now I have wheelies on launch and during second gear shifts... Looks like I will add some 40 series wheels and tires and play with gearing next...

thanks/Bruce
Old 02-17-2005, 04:47 PM
freez

ya i love the sirio and will revert back to it when my wasp .26 gets tired
Old 02-17-2005, 10:29 PM
sjm
My Feedback: (8)

Hey do you have a part # for that pipe and header? I went to Trinity's site and couldn't find anything on it. I have the OS.18 TM and I was wondering if it would work on it
Old 05-04-2005, 06:56 AM
hotbetz

Hey

I have also bought a Serio.23 and HPI Ribbed pipe for my Revo but i cant work out how to get the pipe to fit. I understand you have already done it. Can i have a little advice please?

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images  
Old 07-26-2005, 11:40 AM
medman1234

I bought 2 Revo's and installed the Sirio in one right away.FOC also.The other is stock.I have about 3/4 gallon in the sirio.The stock REVO will out run the sirio from beginning to end.Both are tuned.Had a BIG problem with the Sirio carb. opening all the way.It shifts perfect and seems to be getting better.at first it would not even wind out 2nd gear.Trinity says that the .23 should run at 220-230 gegrees.Thats a BIG LIE.I live in central Florida-220-230-HA HA HA!I contacted Sirio in ITALY and was told that 260-270 would be fine.I have been using Rossi 8's so far.just got my shipment of mccoy-9's.I have not tried any turbo plugs yet but I have one ready.I just recieved the Trinity BB pipe today.I really hope the Sirio comes around.I have alot of time and $ in it.If it does not I have a brand new MACH .26 waiting.I will just have to get the NEW ERA rear arms so I can keep the roto start.
Med Man

P.S. I bought 2 JATO's for me and my father.We have a 200ft oval in my yard.All I can say is LIGHTNING!These things are so fast.You need alot of practice to even control them.I also have a 4-TEC 2.5 and I think the JATO is alot faster.You had better have the JATO pointed in the direction you want to go before you pull that trigger to WOT or you will be sorry.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:48 PM
Jtrux

Found that the best pipe for the Sirio .23 is the JP-1 buggy pipe. Never tried it with the elec system but it fits good with a pull rope(Traxxas Part# 5170). Use a Traxxas pipe hanger and bend to fit for the front end (or we found Du-bro tail wheel brackets work well.) Also install the turbo button. I found that turbo plugs produce much more power in this engine than do standard plugs. good luck
Old 08-01-2005, 10:47 AM
bdubs13065

The fantom works pipe for the revo works great with the .23. and it is a direct fit.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13518.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	304261   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33794.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	304262  
Old 08-01-2005, 11:38 AM
gguertin145

stock springs are really to soft to wheelie in the back try the long travel ones.