Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

revo, can it handle the big blocks?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 06:36 PM
dapicco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default revo, can it handle the big blocks?

I just want to now before i maybe do something foolish, can put a mach .26 or wasp.26 in the revo and will it hold up and rip roar and all the good stuff i came to love with my savage? I f so ther than the bb conversion is there a pipe/header and whats a good cb to use without overdoing wheelies?
Old 07-01-2005, 07:41 PM
freez

Default RE: revo, can it handle the big blocks?

the revo can handle the BB , I am currently running a wasp .26 in my revo
Old 07-01-2005, 08:03 PM
RCKid1992

I know that a stock T-maxx driveline will not with stand a bb with out tearing up the gears, but will a stock REVO driveline stand a bb with have to replace gears???
Old 07-01-2005, 08:13 PM
freez

yes it will be fine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2005, 08:26 PM
RCKid1992

I just have a T-maxx and i didnt know that the revo stock drivetrain is that much stronger to handle a bb
Old 07-01-2005, 08:49 PM
TRX2.5Revo

Yes, The Revo can handle a BB!!!!!!!! Im sure a BB will be able to rip up a few spur gears if you dont have the mash rite. But if you have the mesh rite you wont have any problems with a BB.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:25 PM
freez

I have both the tmaxx and the revo , the revo driveline is beafier than the TMAXX
Old 07-01-2005, 11:16 PM
revopqrs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yup, it will handle it just fine. every once in a while something will give, but not too often

Old 07-02-2005, 11:49 AM
RCKid1992

wow thanks guys!
Old 07-02-2005, 01:18 PM
GElite

I have a REVO and a T-Maxx and so far the T-Maxx is holding up better as far as the tranny and diffs. I have replaced almost every gear in my revo's tranny but my t-maxx has only stripped reverse. I also had to replace both diffs in my revo the first month I had it. I ran my t-maxx for 3 months before I had any diff problems and im running engines that came in them.My revo stripps spur gears like its going out of style. Once I drilled all the way thru my t-maxx's motor mount and chassy and ran long bolts thru the motor then the mount and then the chassy it has not stripped any spur gears. Bolting the motor to the chassy rather than thru the mount and then screwing the mount to the chassy holds the motor in place and it will not come loose or break the corners off the mount because there not there. I'll post a picture of the modd when I get the piston and sleeve back from being pinched and polished.
Old 07-02-2005, 07:04 PM
revopqrs

you are the first person i have ever heard say they thought the t-maxx is more durable. its not. the revos had bad diffs in the beginning, traxxas will replace them once. bb maxxs tear themselves apart, the revo does not, i know several people with big hp in their revos, they have been running them for a long time with not too many probs. me too!
Old 07-02-2005, 10:03 PM
GT Batman

Don't buy a mach, they have some serious issues. Horizon is swamped with returns of the Mach throwing con rods. I just bought an LST and it threw the rod after about 10 tanks of fuel, there are others that didn't event make a single tank. Sure they will replace it, but do you want to wait 3 weeks for a replacement every time it dies on you?
Old 07-02-2005, 10:49 PM
fhm101

Regards the revo and big block power. As part of pre production testing, several revos were set up with 21's that ranged from an OS RG to an RB C5 and then were pounded to see what would fail and the driveline held up just fine. I guess traxxas wanted to make sure the revo could survive the MT big block mania that was sure to come once it was released.

Mounting an engine in your maxx by drilling through the mount and running through bolts and nuts is serious overkill, not to mention it kills any way to adjust gear mesh. A much simpler solution is a machined engine mount. It's a simple cure for broken stock mounts and stripped spurs. The stock t maxx engine mount is not even a good paper weight and is even worse as an engine mount. It's just too soft to hold up.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:14 AM
freez

I agree with the tmaxx stock mount , I have broken many
Old 07-03-2005, 12:17 PM
87goldtub_rc10

What are the stock revo diffs made of, cast aluminum or billet steel? Also, what are the tranny gears made of? I haven't been able to find any information on this. I am assuming the drivetrain can sustain a BB in part because of the slipper clutch. I can see how stock engined revos could get away without billet steel drivetrains.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:03 PM
bdubs13065

I just have a Sirio .23, but it holds up to the power. Also a guy that runs down at the local track has a Collari .30 and it does just fine.
Old 07-03-2005, 02:55 PM
revopqrs

ya, i dont know why it holds up, the diff arnt anything special, but they work. thumbs up traxxas!
Old 07-03-2005, 05:37 PM
xtremraptor
My Feedback: (24)

i have an xtm 24.7 in my revo and never had any problems, diffs or tranny. ok the diff once but i was doing a backflip and didn't get off the gas fast enough and still had power to the wheels when it landed. other than that it goes like the DICKENS evrytime.