Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Busted tranny???

Old 07-02-2005, 12:53 PM
Crazy Canuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Busted tranny???

Hey all,

I brought my Revo with me while I was on a vacation up at the cottage and had it jumping a small ramp we had set up on the front lawn. While in mid-air I heard a snap and thought nothing more of it after the landing as the Revo was still working. I put it away for the night and went to use it the next day but it would barely move. It would also shift from forward to reverse on it's own. It has brand new servo's (JR Z590's) and a brand new opti drive unit. The clutch is spinning when I give it some throttle but I'm thinking it's a gear in the transmission that may be stripped or broken. Any ideas or suggestions on what could be wrong and how difficult is it to get into the tranny??

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36840.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	292775   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69579.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	292776  
Old 07-03-2005, 10:41 AM
paul5150

Default RE: Busted tranny???

its probably ur tranny, but, try starting your car, lift the wheels off of the ground, do any of the wheels spin?

Also, try opening up the tranny to see if anything is stripped. You can get directions on how to do this on the traxxas website.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:08 PM
hotchi1

u probly need to get a foc because i think on hard jolts it pops out of gear and drops into reverse so u might have striped that reverse gear or sumthin but i wuld t a foc
Old 07-03-2005, 12:45 PM
Crazy Canuck

Thanks,

I'll try opening the tranny, see what's goin on inside. I have thought about gettin the FOC, so maybe now would be a good time. Hopefully this thing is up and running soon. Thanks again,

Cheers [8D]
Old 07-03-2005, 02:10 PM
R/C Madman
My Feedback: (1)

Look at the slipper clutch as well. The slipper pads are known to break and fall out causing your truck to do what it's doing. I had it happen to me about a week ago.