Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo shock rod ends???

Old 10-02-2005, 11:56 AM
Rex2342

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo shock rod ends???

This post is for a buddy of mine. He has a Revo and every time we go out bashing his shock ends tear out from the cantilevers. We tried upgrading to alloy ones from GH and yesterday the threads out of one of them. The plastic ones lasted longer than the allloy ones!! Is anybody else having this problem? The only thing I can think of that would cause this would be the a-arms over extending but I don't see any way to limit them.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:31 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Revo shock rod ends???

I broke a rod end back when I first got my Revo... haven't broken one since.
Old 10-02-2005, 02:03 PM
ratpoop
My Feedback: (1)

shock rods i think are the weakest part on the revo. i break the rear rods, and bend the front rods.
but this is from my own abuse. backflips kill the rear shock rods
Old 10-02-2005, 03:04 PM
screaming_chankla
My Feedback: (5)

Check on ebay. I forgot who the seller is, but they do make aluminum shock rod ends for the Revo. I have a set on my Revo.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:56 PM
motofortyone

I just got a revo about 2 weeks ago and broke a rear shock rod the other day, I think it was from runing the long travel rocker arms and botteming out hard on almost every landing. so i went back to the P1's and put tan colored springs in the back and the stock rear ones in the front, and got Aluminum shock rod ends mad be Golden Horizons part #02261. I just got in from a good jumping session and it only bottemed out once or twice, hitting a huge jump getting around 15 feet of air to a slite down hill landing. The shock rod ends are deffinetly not a weak link any more and they look pretty beefy. try using the aluminum ones and using lock tite when you assemble it.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:17 PM
RevoAddict

golden horizon does it pretty good. I had that problem but then i changed my setup to P2, Gold Spring on the rear and Aluminum end. The problem didnt bother me again.

By the way, we have contest for rod ends. check out [link]http://www.valleynitro.net[/link]
Old 10-03-2005, 01:09 AM
Rex2342

He bought the Golden Hoizens alloy ones a few days ago and on the first bash session the threads pulled right out of one of the rear shocks. I believe he's running the P3 rockers and I'm not sure what springs. I'm just wondering whats causing this to happen because he's about fed up with this. Everytime we run he's tearing up rods ends and has to call it a day. He's using the RC Solutions cage so it isn't exactly easy to just keep swapping them out when they brake. I just can't figure out if it's happening when the truck bottoms outs or what. It's almost like the a-arms are over extending and just ripping the rod ends.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:57 PM
cman9toes

Does he have the right pushrods in there? And has he tryed a different hole combo?
Old 04-19-2011, 04:31 PM
jmac4619

having the same problem. every single time i go out for 5 minutes, not even hard driving, the shock rods pull out of the ball ends. w/ picco .26max engine.

heres how its set up:
GTRshocks, #2 pistons, 50 wt oil, blue long travel springs(1 turn on preload past touchin the spring), Golden horizons shock caps and ball ends, 106mm tubes pushrods, middle hole in extended wheelbase arms, with the bearing carriers in the rear/rear position.

thinking maybe these are too stiff of springs? i had #1 pistons in before when it was happening, switched to #2 and still does it.....