Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Traxxas Junk

Old 12-17-2005, 04:36 PM
WAXDUMMIES

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas Junk

LoL, I knew this would get attention. Ahh, Im not hatin, just thought of somethin, though it might make for an interesting thread. Any you guys been doin this for awhile? I have, and I was thinking today about when Traxxas was known as a brand that produced JUNK. Back before the Nitro Stampede came out, remember when you would ask about Traxxas, people would make faces? They really turned them selves around and just flat-out set the standard when they produced the T-Maxx. Im not quite sure what happened, but it sure was good! You know, Ill be out running my REVO, and people I dont even know will come up to me and ask if its a Traxxas. Alot think its a T-Maxx, but only because maybe they have a friend who has one, and it looks familiar. I dunno how Traxxas pulled the Revo off, but its one hell of a rig. I just came in from hittin the jumps. Four tanks of fuel, 6-8 foot jumps and not one problem or broken parts! Any doubters reading this, go to your local track and watch a big block Revo, they are amazing for a 9 pound 4x4. Guess Ill never associate Traxxas and JUNK ever again, how bout you, tell the forum what you think??[sm=punching.gif]
Old 12-17-2005, 04:39 PM
revopqrs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Traxxas Junk

the revo is amazing for sure! traxxas definatly has their act together, my revo has exceeded all my expectations. even with an os 30 in it!
Old 12-17-2005, 04:42 PM
Bobby33

revopqrs - how did you get the O.S 30 into your revo?
Old 12-17-2005, 04:45 PM
revopqrs

a qoncepts big block kit allows you to run any big block. its the best money i have spent on my revo, and ive spent alot!
http://www.qoncepts.com/RCpages/TraxxasRevoRBBC.htm
Old 12-17-2005, 05:07 PM
DTAK

yea i agree..the revo is freaking amazing....i dont know where they came up with the idea...but its good...revopqrs...do you use a 3 shoe clutch thingy??/ can you give me a video of your revo with the 30 in it?
Old 12-17-2005, 07:00 PM
Haulin bass

Honestly the revo is the only traxxas thats ever impressed me at all.The Jato has a nice layout but track performance(and lack of legality) are really dissapointing.Everything else they make is the worst in its class in track performance and reliability IMO.It seems traxxas forgot the KISS(ie reliable) mentality with all there other products in terms of design ever look at a Nitro rustler? the 4tec? what were they thinking?
Old 12-17-2005, 08:29 PM
teamhex

ya my friends always talking crap about traxxas and how HPI is better
Old 12-17-2005, 09:50 PM
piccorevo

revopqrs how do you start it with a hand held starter or pull cause i want big block but i dont want to have to carry more equipment around with me i will always stick to a pull any hints or tips how to accomplish this
Old 12-17-2005, 11:26 PM
teamhex

thats another thing i was thinking if i wanted to get a big block engine would i be able to use the ez start system thats on the revo
Old 12-17-2005, 11:50 PM
itspuddingtime00

ORIGINAL: teamhex

thats another thing i was thinking if i wanted to get a big block engine would i be able to use the ez start system thats on the revo
If you get an RB TM323 you can use the EZ start.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:12 AM
PillowPants

I'm going to have to disagree guys.. my t-maxx sucks ass compared to my LST..
Old 12-19-2005, 05:03 PM
isaac
My Feedback: (19)

Where i can buy the RB TM323 ?
Old 12-20-2005, 09:25 AM
JohnnyJ84

ORIGINAL: teamhex

ya my friends always talking crap about traxxas and how HPI is better
Well, as I will be owning my first Traxxas product as of this Sunday, I can only tell you the comparisons I have seen while driving with my friends. Tmaxx vs Savage...Savge all the way....Revo vs Savage...tough call (apples & oranges). What I would like to see is a Revo vs the HELLFIRE, that would be a battle.
I have a Savage and RS4 3 SS by HPI; those were my first two RC's, I cannot have asked for a better experience. I am hoping my venture to the world of blue anodizing known as the Traxxas faithful will be just as fun.
JJ
Old 12-20-2005, 09:40 AM
nitro fanatic

ORIGINAL: isaac

Where i can buy the RB TM323 ?
http://www.acehardwarehobbies.com/2....th=108_146_407

this is where i bought mine
Old 12-20-2005, 09:55 AM
Whoa G

I think the Revo-Hellfire comparo would be more interesting too john, its true, if you look at the stance to the two trucks, its very similar once the revo is lowered (like most people do), and with a big(er) block in both, it could get very interesting, they both seem to be geared towards racing, and adjustability is the focus too. the only major difference i can see is the centre diff (brake bias adj. compatible) in the Hellfire. and of course, the Hellfire is bigger than the Revo too.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:08 PM
cchrider

I love traxxas. I have a tmaxx and it is awsome. I am putting a os 18 in it for more power. But itis really reliable. As far as the revo, I like it but I dont think it is as reliable. JMO. On the other hand,my friend has a savage we bash with alot and it is bulletproof. I like it over the tmaxx and revo any day. I am actually really wanting to get a savage. But all we do is bash. And for the jato, another friend has one of those. They are fast and all, but I think it is too much power for a 2wd car. I just dont really like it. He is constantly breaking parts. Again all we do is bash and it doesnt hold up as good. This is all JMO. Dont want to affend anyone. But my opinion on traxxas is they rock.
cchrider
Old 12-20-2005, 07:41 PM
dnman

I just had an issue with traxxas warranty support...WOW they were great and got it taken care of ASAP!!!
Old 12-20-2005, 09:06 PM
revopqrs

well i think the hellfire vs the revo is kinda unfair, its biased toward the hellfire. the revo is a monster truck all the way, just because people run it kinda low doesnt make it a truggy. the reason i think people think its kinda like a truggy is because its smaller than the other mts.
but a truggy will own most revos driven by the same caliber drivers.
the hellfire should be compared to the jammin truggy, lightning, etc...

now about the questions about how i start my revo, i use a hand held bump starter. any true big block is too big to fit the starter on the motor. now i know most people dont wanna lose the on board starter, but think about it. no more owb, or leaking, a little more power, and about a 1/4 pound off the truck!
its the only way ill go.

if anyone wants to know what i think would be the best all around set up for a big block revo here it is.

1) qoncepts stage 3 big block kit. $86 (no other kit, this is the heart of the beast!) http://www.qoncepts.com/RCpages/TraxxasRevoRBBC.htm
2) 0s rg 21 $110 (plenty of power in a 9 pound truck)
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXBZ33&P=ML
3) bump starter $20 and rubber wheel $15 (i use a dewalt 14.4v batt to run it)
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXJC35&P=ML
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXD550&P=7
4) glo starter $21
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXLN92&P=ML
5) this is a sweet pipe, you could go cheap on this but why? big block revo cvec pipe $65
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLPR2&P=7

these parts are not cheap, soooo worth it!
this set up will provide plenty of torque and speed, without being too much, or too expensive. but it will make a wicked revo! after running the os 30 i see that you dont need this much power, it makes it more difficult to hit the lines you want because it spins the tires so easy.
trust me, i have nothing to gain by typing this....
so if you want a killer basher revo go with the set up ive listed, i promise you will like it. i could probably come up with some vid of a revo runnin that motor if needed.

good luck, and the revo rocks!!!

this is what too much power did to my revo!

Old 12-20-2005, 09:16 PM
revocrazy905

the revo is a master peace it is the gratest car on earth
Old 12-20-2005, 10:40 PM
revopqrs

well....i dont know about that, but its damn good!
Old 12-21-2005, 02:11 AM
cchrider

Man what are you running in that revo? And what were you doing to trash those tires like that? Those things are demolished. LOL!!!
cchrider
Old 12-21-2005, 08:57 AM
revopqrs

thats what a big block does to a crappy set of tires and wheels! i was running a big block picco comp. the design of the traxxas wheels cut the tires with the bead lock, i was at a track and the tires got muddy and heavy. i punched it coming out of a corner and all the tires spun and 3 blew up!!
i had really bad luck with the traxxas wheels and tires, i killed a bunch of em...
pro line is my only choice, they hold up much better.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:01 AM
WAXDUMMIES

LMFAO, thats badazz. I have never seen that! Good stuff..