Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T-Maxx runtime?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 03:57 PM
snorfargle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-Maxx runtime?

I am wondering...how much runtime does a stock T-Maxx get from one tank of fuel? (I am trying to see how much I will end up spending on nitro fuel).
Old 01-24-2006, 04:03 PM
ProfitOfDoom

Default RE: T-Maxx runtime?

It all depends on how you drive it it,slow full throttle,etc.
But you can exspect 10-15 mins
Old 01-24-2006, 04:06 PM
ProfitOfDoom

If its about fuel,Buy a gallon there are many different kinds but most fuels and dependign on where you buy from they cost 20-30 bucks.A gallon will last you a good while.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:54 PM
ChevyM14

I have broke 3 things on my tmaxx and I still have about 1/3 of my first gallon! on going on 3 weeks now. (I brake on thing a week end)
Old 01-24-2006, 09:18 PM
Airpressure

It will last about 10-15 mins. but don't ever run it dry. It is a bad idea because when the fuel level goes down that low the engine runs dangerouly lean. Your engine will only last about 4 gallons if you drive your truck till its empty.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:29 AM
boss_blueangels

Sheesh... I've run about 6 gallons through my truck and I've always run it to the end.. Humm... thanks for the tip, I'll look out for that.

My dad, brother-in-law and I raced every weekend this last summer and went through 1 gallon probably about every 2 to 3 weeks, so it lasts quite a while.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:40 AM
Airpressure

You really shouldn't run it that dry, like I said it makes the engine run dangerously lean which means it isn't getting enough lubrication to the engine.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:48 AM
sly2136

you can run it dry but don't be full throttle when it runs out just let it idle through the end of the tank never leave fuel in your tank that is worse than running it dry
Old 01-25-2006, 08:49 AM
hayaboosta

just ordered my t-maxx today ... you guys who are saying to not run it dry .. you mean durring acceleration dont run it dry or just dont run it dry period? what i mean is .. if i am done driving it for the afternoon and still have say a half tank, so i take it around the drive way for a few minutes and then bring it back and notice i only have about 10cc's left in the tank and i just let it sit there and go dry .. or no matter what should i automatically pinch the fuel line going into the carb?
because, what if im planning on storing for a couple weeks and i dont want the fuel to go bad inside the tank?
Old 01-25-2006, 08:53 AM
sly2136

let it burn off the rest at low rpm's just don't be full on when it does it pinching the line is the same as running it dry so if its ok to pinch then its ok to run dry just low rpm
Old 01-25-2006, 09:40 AM
maxximum_overdrive

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any fuel left in the tank at the end of the day should be dumped out. do not leave fuel in the tank, or the fuel line, or the carb/engine. fuel draws moisture, and moisture causes rust and corrosion. plus "wet" fuel doesn't burn so well. when you are done for the day open your tank and turn the truck upside down and shake it a bit. then pull the fuel line off from both ends and blow it out. then restart your truck, with the fuel line still pulled, giving it NO thottle, so that any fuel that is left in the carb will be burt off. then remove the glow plug, and put a small amount of after run oil into the carb and though the glow plug hole and turn the engine over for about two seconds to allow the internal parts to be covered in oil. Then reinstall your glow plug and fuel line and your ready to put it away for a day or a month.

i've had my maxx for just about a year now. i've only put two gallons through it, but it is as strong now as it was when it was first broken in, and i do the "after run" that i stated above after every day of running.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:16 PM
hayaboosta

alright cool thanks SLY and Maxx .. i kind of made this mistake with my CT4-s but i have a brand new motor available if this one pukes plus i always forget to purchase after run oil whenever i order something ...

another question i have for you guys is .. when do you know when fuel has gone bad? because like ive only used probably a half gallon in my CT4-s and ive had it for about 7-8 months now .. the gallon has been sitting out in the garage (climate controlled) all winter but will the cold cement floor make it seperate and go bad? if so can i just shake it up? or do i need to go out and buy new?
Old 01-26-2006, 09:19 AM
lhntx

my lhs told me to never put my fuel on the concreat, it will draw moisture through the plastic container. metal cans i dont know about. one way to tell if your fuel is bad is if you cant controle the temp.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:37 AM
jjklongisland

ORIGINAL: maxximum_overdrive

any fuel left in the tank at the end of the day should be dumped out. do not leave fuel in the tank, or the fuel line, or the carb/engine. fuel draws moisture, and moisture causes rust and corrosion. plus "wet" fuel doesn't burn so well. when you are done for the day open your tank and turn the truck upside down and shake it a bit. then pull the fuel line off from both ends and blow it out. then restart your truck, with the fuel line still pulled, giving it NO thottle, so that any fuel that is left in the carb will be burt off. then remove the glow plug, and put a small amount of after run oil into the carb and though the glow plug hole and turn the engine over for about two seconds to allow the internal parts to be covered in oil. Then reinstall your glow plug and fuel line and your ready to put it away for a day or a month.

i've had my maxx for just about a year now. i've only put two gallons through it, but it is as strong now as it was when it was first broken in, and i do the "after run" that i stated above after every day of running.
I never understood the "dumping of left over fuel in the tank"... Every gas powered thing I have has fuel in the tank... My ride-on tractor, weedwacker, blower, chainsaw etc. I have never had a problem with it "rusting". It just doesn't make sense to me. Obviously if you are storing it for an extended period of time it makes sense, but normal weekly storage like I do hasn't made a difference in my gas equipment. I have only owned my T-maxx since Christmas so I guess I really can't make an exact arguement on how leaving the nitro in my tank from weekend to weekend effects it... but I know with my other gas powered products, as long as you maintain them they will treat you right...
Old 01-26-2006, 11:57 AM
laserman2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nitro Fuels DRAW moisture in so if there is any left in the engine or tank it draws the water from the air and into the tank / engine and water and metals don't mix they cause rust!!