Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Engine screaming LOUD!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 12:41 PM
hibrahim001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine screaming LOUD!

Well, i was bashing with my revo which got a sirio 0.18 engine. The servo battery was low but still i just wan to continue bashing, suddenly I was at WOT and lost the control of it, it was running like hell engine sound was yelling to heaven and Pufffff, got hit with the concrete fence, my truck was lifted over and the engine continue to rev up so high for around 10-15 seconds that my wife could hear the engine on her apartment (10th floor), anyway, run and manage to turn it off by the exhaust but when i pressed my finger on the exhaust i also noticed that a lot of unburning fuel was coming out through the exhaust. Well, broke right a-arms, rims, shock mount, bulkhead. however, is my engine still good? did it affect the engine in anyway? my engine is new and does not have 1/4 of gallon on it.

Old 03-02-2006, 12:46 PM
laserman2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Engine screaming LOUD!

check compression of the engine it should be all right had a run away with my axis and a torq 21 and simular situation, the only think mine the exhaust was knocked off the rear so had to use my shoe over the exhaust port to stop and i had mine run up to very high for almost 30 sec
Old 03-02-2006, 01:03 PM
hibrahim001

Another thing, when hit the fence the spur gear stripped and the engine was at WOT without engaging the spur, this made the engine revs very high.

I have checked the compression and looks O.K. However, when i turn the dif to the other side it should be locked, and in this case it does turn.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:40 PM
jasonx9

i had my old t-maxx do that with my 2.5 problem was that the throttle was stuck open so my glowplug warmer was still in it it went over the curb and up a tree did a back flip and snapped my glow plug warmer now i have a traxxas revo its a lot better im going to upgrade the motor but i dont know what kind i should get any of u have a suggestion that would help ive herd bad thongs about the rb323 and i was wondering about the 3.3
Old 03-02-2006, 08:05 PM
Airpressure

ORIGINAL: hibrahim001

Another thing, when hit the fence the spur gear stripped and the engine was at WOT without engaging the spur, this made the engine revs very high.

I have checked the compression and looks O.K. However, when i turn the dif to the other side it should be locked, and in this case it does turn.

Then you most likely killed the connecting rod. Before you run it again I strongly suggest you take the engine apart and examine it closely.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:15 PM
knifer

ORIGINAL: jasonx9

i had my old t-maxx do that with my 2.5 problem was that the throttle was stuck open so my glowplug warmer was still in it it went over the curb and up a tree did a back flip and snapped my glow plug warmer now i have a traxxas revo its a lot better im going to upgrade the motor but i dont know what kind i should get any of u have a suggestion that would help ive herd bad thongs about the rb323 and i was wondering about the 3.3

my 3.3 is running great

storng moter good torq
Old 03-04-2006, 11:49 AM
HornsBsbll5

picco .26 max makes the Revo an absolute ANIMAL!!!!!! Cant hardly control it. I dont have one but I drove my friends and it is amazing how much faster and more quick than my revo! I cant wait to get one actually.