Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

One-way bearing in the ez-start system

Old 03-08-2006, 10:24 PM
jupiter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One-way bearing in the ez-start system

Alright, I've now gone thru my 2nd one-way bearingw/ my Revo. Anyone else having alot of trouble w/ this? Is there an alternative to the standard Traxxas one-way bearing or do we just deal with it? C'mon guyz... I'd appreciate some feedback. Thanks.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:29 PM
les_222

Default RE: One-way bearing in the ez-start system

I never had no trouble with my one way bearing in my T-maxx.. Does it slip? NO grip?
Old 03-08-2006, 10:50 PM
jupiter

I'm not sure why both of my bearings have self-destructed. All the little bearing pins inside just seem to fall out and get in the way upon start up of the engine. Any ideas, anyone?
Old 03-08-2006, 11:12 PM
Timmahh
Banned

are you useing a shim washer?/ your bearings inner and outter race may be ridding the same surface, causeing excessive friction, thus heat and toasting the bearing... a small shim washer is USUALLy located on the engine crank shaft between the engine bearing seal and the one way bearing... with out a shim, it could get hot pretty fast, and burn up the one way... just a thought you may want to consider...
only other thought i can think of is TAKE IT EASY ON THAT REVO, its not a military issued hummer..lol

HTH
Tim
Old 03-08-2006, 11:15 PM
HornsBsbll5

Mine seized on me one time and thats it. All I did was soak it in de-natured alcohol and it works like a charm now you just gotta make sure the letters are goin the right way when you put it back on and dont brush inside cuz that will knock out the little pins and such...here is a link to OWB maintenance [link]http://www.traxxas.com/support/index.php?action=artikel&cat=35&id=130&highlight=one%20way%20bearing[/link]
Old 03-09-2006, 01:49 AM
jupiter

ok I'll admit I didn't know I needed to put the one-way bearing into my constant maintainence, but I can add it. when I looked at it today, it was dirty w/ lubricant. so my next question is how ofte they want me to take my engine off the revo?