Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

help with tmaxx 2.5

Old 04-14-2006, 07:52 PM
BXMaxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with tmaxx 2.5

on my tmaxx i just put the motor back in because its getting nice out and im having a problem with the gears. when i put the motor back in it seems like the truck struggles to move. i tried ajusting the mesh but it wasnt changing anything it feels like the clutch is to close to the spur. i have the motor as far away from the spur as it can go but it still feels the same. i dont know if its suppose to be like that because i dont really remember since i havent touched it in a while been using my 4tec but i wanna know if anyone could help with this. thanks
Old 04-14-2006, 08:53 PM
stevensj

Default RE: help with tmaxx 2.5

hm...are you sure your servo linkages are set up right? The brake isn't grabbing is it?
Old 04-14-2006, 08:56 PM
BXMaxx

i actually think i have the breaks set to loose but i think ill take out the transmission later and check. but when the motors not in its fine thats whats confusing me.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:02 PM
stevensj

WHAT? it rolls easy when your motors not in? but when it's in, it rolls difficult? Alright, and it doesn't want to move even when it's running? That sounds really weird...they naturally won't want to roll if the electric system isn't engaged, because the servo is all the way "closed" and has the brakes applied. Im tryin to help, it's confusing me tho. Turn the truck on, but don't start it, and hold the gas open on your TX, and roll it back and forth and see how it is.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:05 PM
JQA3

check ur clutch and clutch springs. It could be grabbing the clutch bell(engine not running) and when you push the truck, you will be turning over the engine.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:07 PM
BXMaxx

ok ill try to explain it as best i can. with the motor in the truck will move but it makes alot of noise when i push it back because the spur and the clutch will spin together. when i push it foward there is no noise bc the spur and clutch dont spin. i dont know if its the mesh between the two but i moved it alot of times and when the clutch and spur clutch it always makes noise. i could try to get a video of it so u can see what im talking about. i think if it keeps doin this and i cant fix it i might buy a new clutch bell and spur gear to see what happeneds.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:12 PM
stevensj

whoa, it doesn't spin the clutch bell/spur gear when you push it forewards, only when you push it backwards??
Old 04-14-2006, 09:18 PM
BXMaxx

yup but when the truck is on it drives ok just it takes off slow i guess because the gears arent right im not really sure.
Old 04-15-2006, 04:51 PM
BXMaxx

thanks everyone i fixed it