Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

new t-maxx 2.5 weak spots

Old 04-23-2006, 10:36 PM
TRAXXASS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new t-maxx 2.5 weak spots

My good freind recently bought a new t-maxx two weeks ago, after a week or so the thing is falling apart this is the second gen 2.5 maxx with the grey plastic shocks, bulkheads chassis braces, skid plates radio box and battery box, i have replaced several parts for him, all seem to be much less quality than the 1 gen 2.5 t-maxx. here is what i have noticed.
the upper and lower a-arms seem to be much thinner, all of the stress points on the bracing look like they are designed to break, the first gen the a-rms are solid
the bulkheads are made with the new grey plastic, they also look much cheaper, the tabs where the shock towers mount to are very thin, and break very easily making the truck useless.
the new grey bodied shocks are also very weak the shafts bend much more easily than the previous black bodied shocks. he bent three shafts in one day of running, i bent none and have never bent any in the three years i have had my maxx.
has anyone else noticed these problems with their new 2.5 maxx
Old 04-25-2006, 12:18 AM
HipHopHead

Default RE: new t-maxx 2.5 weak spots

I could have swore I already replied to this post...
Old 04-25-2006, 06:34 AM
DaveG55

You probably did. I know of at least one post I replied to that my reply is gone.
RCU was offline for a while last night doing some "maintaince" and it seems like they lost some stuff in the process.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:32 PM
weez440

i posted a poll and it is gone and also asked a question on here yesterday and that is gone as well so they did lose some stuff.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:10 PM
Brokethebank

I agree over all quality on the new parts on my 3.3 sucks. The gray plastic seems to be more dense and brittle. Do the new 2.5 t-maxx have the revo steering knuckles like the 3.3 & 2.5r because the a-arm changes are for the revo drive-lines. If traxxas is putting though week arms on on them a they don't need them just to save cost on making parts then I am going to lose faith in them. I have already broken most every part they have changed for the 3.3 and the thing that really sucks is at first parts were hard to get and aftermarket parts don't fit with out modding them