Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Good ol' traxxas optidrive II

Old 04-25-2006, 05:50 PM
JQA3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good ol' traxxas optidrive II

well..... these things are garbage!!! My dad bought a BRAND NEW REVO yesterday an broke it in. Today me and him took it out to bash. We ran into a pile of leaves and hit the reverse switch, it worked. Then when went I tried to switch to forward, it wouldnt. It finally went and as soon as i started moving the truck, it went into reverse. I shut it off and let the engine cool down. I start it up and the thing is in forward. Damn, these things suck. EVEN ON A BRAND NEW REVO! I am installing my failsafe(from my revo) on his(cause the radio system im getting has a built in failsafe).
Old 04-25-2006, 06:15 PM
beelzebubishere
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Good ol' traxxas optidrive II

Yup............
Old 04-25-2006, 09:42 PM
4x4guy4978

Default RE: Good ol' traxxas optidrive II

hey atleast you didnt have the problem i had after break in i went for my first bashing session and the POS blew up my trans when i was doing a high speed run not even 2 mintues into my bashing it switch into reverse when i was in 2nd topped out. luckly nothing broke but the reverse gear and traxxas was cool about it and sent me out new gears since the truck was under 48 hours out of the box. sad thing is once i put the new gears in same thing happened about 5 minutes into my next try at bashing it. luckly traxxas send me out new gears again since i had the problem before and they sent me a new opti drive and that solve the problem. but now i got a FOC and love it