Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

question on E-Maxx

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 11:13 AM
blackdogafd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question on E-Maxx

hey guys, i'm gettin a new emaxx in soon and just wanted to know what to expect from it or what would be good upgrades for it? It still has the factory twin titan 550 motors and just was wondering if i should upgrade them to something bigger or just buy some bigger batteries.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:55 AM
Timmahh
Banned

Default RE: question on E-Maxx

the emaxx is pretty str8 right out of the box.. f would recomment you by a QUALITY battery charger that will charge 2 7.2v batts at the same time.... at the same time buy 4 more batteries so you have batteries ready to go... a fully charged pair of batts will get you about 10 minutes of killer run time and as the batterys start to get low after the 1st 10 -15 minutes, you ll get about another 10 minutes but it wont be a fun as the 1st, swap batteries and now your good for another 15 minutes or so... it is recommended you only recharge you batteries 2 times in any 24 hr period..
hth
Timmahh
Old 05-16-2006, 01:24 PM
gunnut

I've got two of these duratrax twinpulse chargers(I can charge 4 at once). They're very good. From tower you can get them bundled with two GP3300 packs. The #1 charger is switchable to 1 Amp for charging transmitter and receiver packs too, a handy feature.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66520.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	462379  
Old 05-16-2006, 02:07 PM
taj

aluminum servo guard, chassis braces, front and rear bumpers, rpm a-arms, rrp brakes and dual slipper. a good set of batteries always helps. esc and motors can stay for awhile. if you got the money novak hv-maxx setup would nice.but you would have to get new gears to gear it right for the hv-maxx
Old 05-17-2006, 02:06 PM
cougartech67

Hey There. Emaxx Trucks Rock. I have 4 of them, 3 heavily modified and upgraded. In regards to replacement batteries and chargers, visit the www.amondotech.com website. You can find good quality and low priced batterys and chargers there. Just trying to help. .
Old 05-17-2006, 02:52 PM
Diesel_Fuel_Only

Hey. Let me tell you you'll really enjoy your E-Maxx. Mine is stock, but I'm just about to order some various hopups off to Tower Hobbies. If you have about $140, get some CVD's for all 4 corners and for the center driveshafts. This will prepare you're drivetrain for any future upgrades you may perform. Also, a dual-disc Robinson Racing slipper clutch would be nice. The only other upgrade that you may want to purchase if you don't have money for the CVD's would be replacing the stock steering servo. It's pretty weak, and one with more torque will improve your "driving experience" a lot. For a charger I have a MRC SuperBrain 977, and 4 3000mAh packs. Good luck!
Old 05-22-2006, 10:03 PM
EpoweredRC

what else would you guys do to one? I dont want to start a new thread but have been looking at the E-Maxx also.

is the E-Maxx just like the T-maxx but eletric, or did they change anything on either one ?
Old 05-22-2006, 11:13 PM
DETH-80

is the e-maxx as fast as the t-maxx
Old 05-22-2006, 11:30 PM
Timmahh
Banned

no the Emaxx stock is about 33 mph. the tmaxx stock is about 42..
Timmahh
Old 05-22-2006, 11:32 PM
DETH-80

ORIGINAL: Timmahh

no the Emaxx stock is about 33 mph. the tmaxx stock is about 42..
Timmahh
a brushless system would add to that speed right?
Old 05-22-2006, 11:36 PM
blackdogafd

hey guys i got my e-maxx in today and this thing is awesome!!!! I'll get some pictures up here real soon. i got two 3800 smc batteries for it and borrowed my buddies duratrax discharge/charger for him for the time being thanks for all your help. please post up any more ideas about this maxx so i have more of an idea what to look into getting..

oh one more question for ya guys... when i ran it today and went to redo the whole dis/charge the batts, only one batt was fully dead the other had almost a complete charge still in it any ideas on that?????
Old 05-22-2006, 11:55 PM
Timmahh
Banned

not a clue blackdog... maybe it wasnt plugged in completely... never noticed that issue with my Emaxx...

Deth, yes a brushless system will deffinatly increase speed......i ve heard of someone with the TOP LINE novak brushless gettin near or over 50 with it.
Timmahh
Old 05-23-2006, 12:52 AM
DETH-80

not a clue blackdog... maybe it wasnt plugged in completely... never noticed that issue with my Emaxx...

Deth, yes a brushless system will deffinatly increase speed......i ve heard of someone with the TOP LINE novak brushless gettin near or over 50 with it.
Timmahh
holy....(insert swear word here) crap...im gonna look into this
Old 05-23-2006, 12:55 AM
Timmahh
Banned

better look in the bank account first, they are NOT CHEAP as i understand it!!!
Timmahh
Old 05-23-2006, 08:29 AM
EpoweredRC

HV novak is only like $269.00 thats not to bad but I guess after paying $325 for a new truck it would be.

Is any of you guys upgrading to a better radio with the E-mAxx? if so what radio

better look in the bank account first, they are NOT CHEAP as i understand it!!!
Timmahh
Old 05-23-2006, 09:34 AM
Timmahh
Banned

i heard under 300 and you were in the mid/top shelf area of the novak brushless system. if not mistaken, you can spend about double that for motors and an esc... but now im totally into Hearsay. the boys n girls in the lechy forum would know for sure.
Timmahh
Old 05-24-2006, 08:32 AM
blackdogafd

hey guys, on My emaxx that i just got one of the batts seem to wear out faster and just wont keep a charge. Both batts are brand new!! I have a duratrax digital discharger/charger that i use and i always fully discharge the batts before i recharge.. the one batt will hold a charge overnight but the other one will not hold one for more than 15 minutes or so. you guys got any ideas??????

The batteries i have are smc 3800's
Old 05-24-2006, 11:11 PM
EpoweredRC

did you buy both brand new? have you always ran them together? or have you ran the one( bad one) in other stuff. maybe you should try to balance it..

ORIGINAL: blackdogafd

hey guys, on My emaxx that i just got one of the batts seem to wear out faster and just wont keep a charge. Both batts are brand new!! I have a duratrax digital discharger/charger that i use and i always fully discharge the batts before i recharge.. the one batt will hold a charge overnight but the other one will not hold one for more than 15 minutes or so. you guys got any ideas??????

The batteries i have are smc 3800's
Old 05-25-2006, 12:34 AM
karlracing
My Feedback: (9)

im the seller of this truck, and yes both batterys were bought new, and have only been used in the e-maxx. i used them 2 times before i sold the truck and the truck was also only ran 2 times. please help !
Old 05-28-2006, 01:17 PM
forgotti6

Hey you should buy a RC SOLUTIONS roll cage. It is the coolest thing on my truck and they are super strong.
Old 05-28-2006, 03:56 PM
RiseAgainst017

im am converting my emaxx into an e-revo. i was wondering if i could attach the front and rear of a revo to the stock chassis or if i have to have the g2 chassis. heres the link to the revo front and rear http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...EMBLIES&cat=43
Old 06-01-2006, 02:04 PM
meetball

If you charge the e-maxx all the way full, how long will it run for untill you have to charge it again?
Old 06-01-2006, 02:12 PM
meetball

If you charge an e-maxx to be full and go with it, how long willl it be able to go until you have to charge it again?