Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
I like Integy, you must post befor you vote !
47.56%
I Dislike integy, Post befor you vote!
52.44%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Why does every one hate Integy?

Old 09-23-2006, 10:30 PM
jombo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why does every one hate Integy?

btw, the shocks never were on the truck, they were leaking after i removed the bubbles, tightend the cap, they were leaking after that from the threads and from the shaft.how do you fix that , send them back. no one should keep a product that does not work out of the box. and i do see your point but my point is that my shocks never hit the truck and were leaking.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:43 PM
ScRacing

o ok i see, nad i still say that could have ben partually due to the way you put htem together, and since there are alot of pepale with the same problem, it must be a easy mistake, or it was no mistake by you and it was integys falt, i am trying to show a guy form integy thease posts and see what he has to say.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:10 AM
specracer
Banned

I would say stick with there hex drives,other tools and heasinks.There tools are awsome.I never striped any of my aluminum screws yet.And there heatsinks are made good and are vary effective.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:00 PM
rcdude37

so its like ford, chevy, dodge, and any other company that produces anything... they make so many good ones and have a bad one.... the only difference is... integy is the opposite, they make so many bad ones and have a good one every now and then, if you like their product you must have gotten that good one
about the skid plate thing, first off why run an alum skid? second go out and get a front skid made by integy and one by hardcore, set them up the exact same and hit a wall at the same speed, this will end the thought of the quality....
about their shocks i hear they make some of the best t-maxx shocks out there, but even if they are the best, ill live with the second best, it wont fail on race day so might just bring me in as the best
its simple... give and take, you give them money and take poor quality home....

my 2pennies... dont take it the wrong way just because i dislike something doesnt mean you have to do the same....
Old 09-24-2006, 12:40 PM
ScRacing

alright well this is what he has to say in a aim.
INTEGY1: well yeah, and I don't know why terroist want to hit buildings either ... some people just can't be helped.
SC Racing: lol
SC Racing: i bought a 3 racing skidplate and it didn't fit
SC Racing: i suport you guys nomatter what peaple say
INTEGY1: the thing is they all want to hit stuff and don't break ...
INTEGY1: we can make the parts out of 7075-T6, then the part would cost 2-3 times more and they don't want to buy it anyway.
INTEGY1: T-Maxx titanium skid plate is out already
INTEGY1: like $45-59 ea.
INTEGY1: not $17 ea.
INTEGY1: aluminium ones is $17
SC Racing: wow
INTEGY1: you are what you pay for is true but consumers always think they pay too much already
INTEGY1: we are coming out with **secret information** for the Revo 3.3, from front all the way to the back.
INTEGY1: so they'll say something like, Integy is no good ... UE is way better and such!
SC Racing: yeah lol
INTEGY1: I don't mind but that's like saying Porchse is way better than Honda.
SC Racing: ue is the only way to make a $4000truck
INTEGY1: we can make expensive parts too but you won't buy it ... so, what's the point?
INTEGY1: we are now starting to make stronger parts but they will cost more ... it will be interesting to see how the market react to the newer products.
SC Racing: One thing that ircs me is that when in bought my shocks peaple told me they would leak
SC Racing: well 6 months and no leaks
INTEGY1: we sell a lot of shocks
INTEGY1: it's like saying my toilet leak, it sucks.
INTEGY1: the builder can make it bad or they can make it good ... it's all up to the builder.
INTEGY1: the thing is the "ego" in them, they all say they play r/c more than 10 years and know how to build it.
SC Racing: yeah
INTEGY1: I have seen some parts with issues but anything can be fixed
SC Racing: How do you like $300 flextek arms?
INTEGY1: what do you think about $300?
INTEGY1: I thought $300 must be good LOL
SC Racing: sure
INTEGY1: put it this way, people pay for it $300 is going to say that's the best thing out there.
and thats what they have to say,
SC Racing: ok
SC Racing: but $ for $
INTEGY1: exactly that's what I mean, we are on the same page.
INTEGY1: basically, we all get what we can afford.
INTEGY1: Corvette is good but if you can afford Ferrari, you wouldn't get a Corvette.
INTEGY1: It's just like when you buy a Corvette, you won't get a Civic.
INTEGY1: so for r/c, if you want to buy and can afford UE ... then, you buy UE, but if you want a $17 vs $60 part that will work perfectly fine, then get integy.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:46 PM
ScRacing

If that doesn't spell out great coustimer service then what does? I cnotactd him and he talked to me, does ue do that? Does rd do that? I'll tell the truth, when i ordered my shocks they were missing a steal rod that i needed for instaltion, so i gave them my adress, 4 days later i got a new set of rods and i was as happey as i could be, the next day i tested out my shocks and they were great.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:14 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Integy makes stuff focused more for bashers, but the stuff sucks for bashing. I'd rather stay stock than put that crap stuff on my car, because it only makes it heavier, and it's weak.

Say what you will, but it is crummy aluminum.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:17 PM
aznherb36

Ue doesnt need to do that because their products are more of quality. The maker of the company interacts with people on the forum, accepting ideas and asking who wants more of these or those. If integy can make them stronger then why didnt they market them as well? Make a few dozen and see if anyone buys them, and I gaurentee someone will probabaly to review the product.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:47 PM
ScRacing

alls i can say is that you may see some stainless and titanium in the near future.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:58 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

In the future. They better not make that look bad either.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:54 PM
aznherb36

Alright, I look forward to buying their titanium body clips, haha
Old 09-24-2006, 06:15 PM
Frank88888888

As a wise man once said "if the river creeks water flows" or something like that, what im trying to say is that if there are that many accounts of people saying it sucks there must be a reason. Also reading that chat log all i got from it is

Integy:We make products that are crappier than the competion, but cost less
Scracing:thats GREAT!!

no offense to you scracing, but you agreed with everything he said. I will never buy a integy product except for the titanium body clips but thats just me.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:59 PM
ScRacing

well frank, i have had one problem on the skidplates on my revo, and i have had it 2 years, and i have a a compleat skidplate set. Lets say they all cost $17, thats $68 right there. ok now try ues skidplates for hte t-maxx wich are $31 a piece. thats $124, nearly twice the amount ot do the same job, and it might be stronger, but if a weeker product works jsut fine then wile spend that added money. With that save $60 and add that into teh $40 or so i saved getting integy shocks, and the $20 i saved on the rockers, it adds up, and now i could get a vantage carbonfiber extened chassis. And frank, were does this happen in my post? Integy:We make products that are crappier than the competion, but cost less
Scracing:thats GREAT!! ??? ANd we talked about corvettes for a wile and we talked about info inwich i can't tell you guys, and we also descused him makeing a longer skidplate for extended revo chassis, because no one else does. HE says that integy does have soem isues with parts, but it is nothing that can not be fixed. THey are better then that, if you buy a product and it doesn't work, talk to them, get them to make it work, give them feedback, no one is perfect? but when he says INTEGY1: the builder can make it bad or they can make it good ... it's all up to the builder. the thing is the "ego" in them, they all say they play r/c more than 10 years and know how to build it. i think thats verry true and thats what happenes with peaple haveing so manny problems with the shocks, for instence if you put the seals in backwards they won't seel.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:29 PM
aznherb36

UE doesnt make regular skids
they are GA and HCR, they are titanium. You honostly do not need the center skid unless you happen to land directly on a pole, they just add weight.
I suppose you have never experienced with the higher quality so you wouldnt know.
again, crashes are all different, everything is a factor.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:32 PM
ScRacing

Well if you don't need to then why? I'll tell you one thing, for now integy is my leading man in makeing my revo stand up to waht iever i cna dish out. When i get more into racing next summer, and i have my ninja 28, and the vantage chassis, then i will probubly make my own skidplate, and it will be one pice, be stronger, and work better than any of them.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:46 PM
aznherb36

why what?
when you race you want less weight sir, not more. Making it a one piece will be so much heavier. It doesnt have to be so strong, a 2piece from hcr or ga will be fine.

Sounds like you dont think about the factors of anything, use your head sir
Old 09-24-2006, 09:56 PM
ScRacing

im not a retard, i'll use sheet mettle, it doesn't have to be strong, it will use low pounds per square inch so i can in a sence slide3 across things with no resistence. I'll probubly get integys titanium front bumper and skidplate but everything else will be sheet mettle. SO in a fact, i have thought more about it than any one else, since in my impinion it will be the best way to go, lighter weight, it will be coustum, and work better, i'll use aluminum and have it powdercoated gunmettle to match my pipe and shocks
Old 09-24-2006, 10:12 PM
ScRacing

NOw that i think about it i could make a bisness...
Old 09-24-2006, 10:34 PM
aznherb36

So what are you going to make with sheet metal? First you said you will make your skids then you said I will just go with integy skids and bumpers, now what is everything else? You getting people lost...

and I hope you are joking about you could make your own business
Old 09-24-2006, 11:50 PM
ScRacing

When i get more into racing next summer, and i have my ninja 28, and the vantage chassis, then i will probubly make my own skidplate, and it will be one pice, be stronger, and work better than any of them.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:43 AM
hairysasquatchrider

Well sorry to dirupt this roasting...

I have some integy parts for my revo and they work great

Steering servo Guards
Complete Engine Mount.

My truck get abused and the parts have help up and where very inexpensive. I would recommend those parts to anyone who bashes in skate parks or any other highly abusive areas.

Integy Is good in my books
Old 09-25-2006, 12:54 PM
Bill Plude

I have some of their pretty stuff on my old TMAXX but after the way they treated me and a couple others I know they'll never get another nickle from me!
Here's the way they treat some of customers. The ones that have "issues" with them.........
http://www.75th-meu.com/integy.htm
Old 09-25-2006, 01:50 PM
acexxxoasis
My Feedback: (4)

ummm not to be fanning flames here but a piece of 6061 aluminum will be softer then a piece of 7075 but there is reasons in using the 6061 over the 7075 is some parts are made to break before others and with all this aluminum goiong around on some of these trucks if something bends they get mad but these trucks are weighing alot especially if they are all aluminum so the company probably thought about what they are using and why you can go ahead and make all the parts out of 7075 itll cost 10% or more because of it but they will be stronger untill the weakest link breaks personally I would only use aluminum in certain spots.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:59 PM
Bill Plude

I wouldn't care if they made their parts out of material that would break rock on impact or bend and resume their shape like rubber boy in the circus, the way they treat customers and tell them to take their "business elsewhere".........is not the way to run a respectable business
Old 09-25-2006, 02:24 PM
aznherb36

I know the servo guards are useless for t-maxxes, I think they would be for the revo as well, they just make the truck fatter. My truck is all alum/*** and it weighs less than a stock maxx. comes up to be 9.28lb

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.