Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

a question for all revo owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 09:21 PM
Bill Plude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: a question for all revo owners

Yep I sold my "X" because I wasn't at all impressed with it. I bought a 3.3 TMAXX when they came out and a friend of mine kept asking me to sell him the SavageX so I did. I had no reason to keep it. All I kept see in the "X" forum here was spur gears breaking, side plates breaking, transmission problems(not shifting), roto starts breaking (mine did). I did some cool stuff to it like put the charge jack and battery monitor in the receiver box cover and put the tuned pipe on it. Proline 40 series wheels and bowtie tires. Just sold it like that because it couldn't compare to the TMAXX 3.3 and couldn't come close to the 2.5R Revo..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61087.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	539477   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av67434.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	539478  
Old 10-11-2006, 09:34 PM
ScRacing

lol, i have a sirio 23 and by no means is my revo lite, but how much does your savy weigh chronic? Id race you around hte track and im sure i could give you a run for your money, but its not because of you, you are probubly a better driver, but a savey is like a cheep monster truck, ITs like your savagte is like the traxxas t-maxx monstertruck agenst grave digger or max d, the t-maxx truck is tall, slow, and it was maid cheeply. Savages are better then actual t-maxxes, but not revos, its the cold hard truth and if you don't admit it then you have sirios denial my friend. I ma not saying a savage is bad, after all the t-maxx is the god of monster trucks, im just saying wether its on a track or its a bash sesion, the revo has the advantage.

$ for $ revo is the best way to go.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:37 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

But then again SCracing, does your revo not weigh 11 pounds?

Mines at 8.6 pounds, so I'd give Chronic a run for his money with my old version revo.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:45 PM
scottywilkes

hhehe to solve your problem get a MGT 4.6. Not the best truck in the market but not far off. Easy as 123 to work on, has decent power, can be made into a very reliable and strong racer with a few mods, very strong, great customer support from AE, engine is almost impossible to kill. It is a really good truck and has good and bad points, as does the savy and Revo. At the end of the day it comes down to the buyer and really i think he has made up his mind. Savy is strong all MTs are strong but if u hit somthin bad enough it will break, and realy speed isnt everything it comes down to the drivger and there prefernence. I chose the MGT because i liked it and has some great potential, i know it isnt as popular as the trucks stated in this thread but i chose it cause i liked it the most. Everytruck has flaws the Revo 3.3 has been having problems with the rod fragging, the savy with the stupid X design on the chassis bending under hard impacts to the engine head, the MGT with the shock caps popping off. All these can be fixed and they can all be aweseom trucks...
Old 10-11-2006, 09:49 PM
ScRacing

ORIGINAL: mayhem maniac

But then again SCracing, does your revo not weigh 11 pounds?

Mines at 8.6 pounds, so I'd give Chronic a run for his money with my old version revo.

what do you mean? In race trim my revo is about 10 pounds, like right in between, but my revo has aluminum skids and isn't all stript down. But that doesn't mean it couldn't beat a highly moded savy.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:34 PM
MBX5T Maniac

Okay, 10 pounds. That's 1.4 pound more than mine. But that's still about the weight of a trimmed savage.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:02 AM
ScRacing

Yeah but if i take off all my aluminum parts and put hte receaver on the front body mount, did single servo stearing and took off the roll bare alond with bumpers and such, im sure i could shed atleast a pound! But racing is more then just power to weight ratio, especually how well you can carry kinetic energy into the turns nad how much power you have on the ground along wiht turning traction and the ability to handle high speeds and large jumps.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:06 PM
ferrariowner123

ok thanks guys for all the help and advice you given
Old 10-12-2006, 06:15 PM
beelzebubishere
My Feedback: (1)

Bet you're pretty confused after all that juvenile jibberrish, huh?

ORIGINAL: ferrariowner123

ok thanks guys for all the help and advice you given
Old 10-12-2006, 06:57 PM
ferrariowner123

a little yeah.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:03 PM
beelzebubishere
My Feedback: (1)

You can pick up some good REVO info and Engine tips over here...
http://nitroobsession.proboards79.com/index.cgi

Without all that bs....

ORIGINAL: ferrariowner123

a little yeah.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:45 PM
MGT

The revo is a nice truck I had mine for 3 days and broke it twice. I'm not suprised I broke it because of the 25 foot drop it took but I only broke a shock shaft, a $10 fix for the titanium ones, so it won't happen again. The truck landed perfect and im suprised it broke because of how perfect it was. I know for a fact the same drop would of done nothing to my savage because it has been their and done that many times before...The revo seems to be a strong truck and not even my fully race preped savage can compare to the STOCK handeling of the my revo, it's unmatched. It feels like a big buggy, nothing I have ever felt before, trust me. My savage was about 10lbs maybe a hair under with a fantom .27 in it..

But on the other hand the savage just has more lowend power and its one hell of a basher, If you think the savage is slow than you need to learn how to tune, they move, I had one, and kept up with the buggies at the track...... I had the very first versoin with the old uprights and all, I upgraded a lot of things to make it into a lightweight racer. If you plan on only doing 30+ foot high jumps I would say get the savage, If you can drive you won't break a darn thing on it! When I had mine I could put I over my head and just drop it and the damn thing would not enen bottom out with 40 wt shock oil. My revo bottoms out from about a 3-4 foot drop with 35 wt oil, but the revo has crazy arch. and the suspention travel seems endless with the long travel rockers.

They are 2 totally different trucks and the revo is wayyy more refined IMHO. Here are some reasons why I picked the new revo 3.3 over the new savage X ss.

-The revo is crazy fast out of the box and will wheelie all day long. (the savage will do the same but has a lower top speed.)
-The revo has unmatched handeling out of the box. (it's unlike anything I have ever felt, you have to drive one to understand)
-The revo had the most suspention travel and it's ajustable. (120mm or about 8-9 inches!!! The ladies like too it trust me!!!)
-The revo can be made into a Big block with about $75 for a good conversion and will be uncontrolable, sick speed.(not counting the engine cost)
-The revo is lighter by about 2lbs and can be eaisly be made another 2-3lbs. lighter. (my old savage in race form weighed in at 10lbs with fuel with a fantom .27 powerplant)
-The revo is all hex screws and is so easy to work on I had no idea my savage was hard to work on untill I got this thing.
-The revo comes with everything you need, but 8 AA bateries, a stick pack for the ez-start, and fuel...nothing else!!
-The revo comes with a flat pack 6v 1100mah reciver battery, charger, tools, spare oiled arifilter, shock oil, airfilter oil, the list go's on.
-The revo has 2 steering servos so you never have to upgrade if you don't want to, the stock ones do better than fine. (it turns lock to lock just sitting, my savage did this after a $100 servo and a $25 bell crank system..)

I new I was going to break stuff as I did with my savage just not as often with the savage, Any one on here that says the savage is weaker is just plain crazy, why do you think it weighs more, the parts are beeifer....duh? And like I said if you can drive you won't break it unless you do somthing plain stupid...... I have plans to do a lot of upgrades so it really does not matter to me anyway. I dumped about $2000 over the 2 years I had my savage I and loved the thing to death. This time around I wanted somthing way different and the fact that the revo can be turned into a big block with a tiny cost, it's 2 lbs lighter out of the box, and it pretty much comes wth a bigblock now (.20ci), thats what drew me in. It now comes with a .20ci engine and even with the 30mm extention it wheelies like their is no tomorrow.

I tried to be as unbiased as I could, I did have a savage and I really liked it but the revo 3.3 is in a complety different class. You will be happy with either truck you pick because this is a great hobby, but you must know that you have to maintain it. If you don't, it will treat you like you treat it. You will break parts on both but it does seem like the pushrods on the revo are extremely weak and made of cheap metal, but after a $20 fix problem solved for life.

The revo is more money out of the box but really it's not, its cheaper....

For the savage you mostly need;

-Glow starter $20
-Failsafe $20
-6v rx. pack around $20
-A cheap charger $30

I'm sure I'm leaving a few things out but overall it's not more money to buy a revo 3.3..........My $.02

P.S. Most of what I have said here is fact, not opinion. This is from my point of view though, but being a smart person that can drive and tune makes things a little different for me also. I hope this helps...........
Old 10-12-2006, 11:05 PM
ScRacing

uhh, he about summed it up..., good job man![sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 10-12-2006, 11:07 PM
Bill Plude

Know what, never mind
Old 10-12-2006, 11:14 PM
ScRacing

Well it was an exelent reply and it was 100% true to him, id like to disagree with 1 or 2 little things he said but overall that was a great reply. More power to you 2FAST, and nice way to give a real true honest anser that was unbiast what so ever.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:46 PM
MGT

Thank you I tried to be as honest as I could from past experience. I just found out that the newer savages or the "X" savage has a weaker tranny design, I have no clue why this is but it may change a few things in my post. I had the very very very first gen savage with the bb .21, I had the xtm 24.7, then the picco .26, and ended up with the fantom .27. I had all kinds off goodies in it to make it better in every way I could for racing (lots of rotational mass taken out) and I just feel that the revo a better racer in box stock form compared to my race preped savage.....I feel that if your new at this hobby the revo is the way to go because it's just a eaiser going truck IMHO. It's a lot eaiser to work on and comes with pretically everything that someone just starting out would need.

But I do feel that the revo could be harder to drive to the new because it is so agaile (sp???) and fast. It turns on a dime and I can see how people could break it so eaisly when they have never driven one before....In the eye of a newbe the revo could be just harder to drive because it's so advanced in everyway-shape-form.....[8D]
Old 10-13-2006, 07:50 PM
ferrariowner123

ok i understand now but i'm still on the savage. not the X though i picked to get the 4.6 ss kit i here the are pretty tough, am i wrong?
Old 10-13-2006, 08:05 PM
Bill Plude

You started another thread asking about the Savage ss
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_48...tm.htm#4864806
just let this one die, you know you aren't going to get a Revo. Ask Savage questions in a savage thread and read a couple savage threads and you'll see what they have for problems..........
Old 10-13-2006, 09:43 PM
MBX5T Maniac

If you want one, I got a Savage, just drop in a receiver and transmitter, and go. PM me if interested. It's got some hopups too
Old 10-13-2006, 10:33 PM
ferrariowner123

ok sorry guys and thanks for the help it was great.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:55 PM
blackdogafd

hey guys i bought my revo 3.3 cause i'm i huge traxxas fan for starters. plus the revo just performs like no other, I absolutly love it!! i am going to be gettin a second one for my wife since she just sold her t-maxx she had....

But i bought my 3.3 revo for $480 brand new! and thats an everyday price at my hobby shop

Andy
Old 10-14-2006, 12:32 AM
Bill Plude

"CLICK" Remove Subscription, Bye now..........
Old 10-14-2006, 10:04 AM
T I G

"ok sorry guys and thanks for the help it was great"
ferrariowner123,
Thanks for what help? You had your mind made up before you started this thread.
I think its pretty rediculous, you first wondered why people spent $550 for a Revo then in the other thread posted by BILL, you say you have $300 for hop-ups.

Someone needs to end this thread, NOW.
Old 10-15-2006, 12:03 AM
splcrazy

ive got two revo 3.3 and need to sell one when i walked into the hobby shop i never even heard of revo trucks i saw the one they had out on display and could just see the quality of it i didnt even know how it would sound or go but that didnt matter to me i just fell in love with the build quality of this truck and the fact that i didnt have to pull any damn pull starter made i even better and also having the option of revesre gear aswell the truck goes strong and i beleive is getting stronger with every tank thats run in it this thing sounds like a dirt bike lol and the sound of it changeing gears is cool
Old 10-15-2006, 01:35 AM
Snipcod

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

ive got two revo 3.3 and need to sell one when i walked into the hobby shop i never even heard of revo trucks i saw the one they had out on display and could just see the quality of it i didnt even know how it would sound or go but that didnt matter to me i just fell in love with the build quality of this truck and the fact that i didnt have to pull any damn pull starter made i even better and also having the option of revesre gear aswell the truck goes strong and i beleive is getting stronger with every tank thats run in it this thing sounds like a dirt bike lol and the sound of it changeing gears is cool
what?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.