Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

a question for all revo owners

Old 10-16-2006, 07:10 PM
homeroFREAKINBRASILIAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: a question for all revo owners

yea..abouthe price,,,,at my lhs...they are selling a revo 3.3 for 400$ now..it was 480$but now they changed it,,550$ seems crazy,,dats jsut unbeleivable..but its ur money and and its wut kind of truck u want so du wut u want to but there was like no need for this thread,,to be honest,,,but its all good...latta....
Old 10-16-2006, 08:04 PM
Bill Plude

I know the schools in Massachusetts teach you to spell better than that! OH! That must be an attempt to be cool.....OK I see now..........
Old 10-17-2006, 02:28 PM
homeroFREAKINBRASILIAN

sorry its just that im allways in a rush i dont know why and its like short for other words but ill try to spell better, i really look like a complete dum ass whriting like that,,,but sorry..................and hey your just like a couple towns over......
Old 10-17-2006, 03:26 PM
Bill Plude

Yes! You didn't have that there before!! Cool. I got a really nice Revo for sale at Joe's (Barn Speed) LOL
Old 10-17-2006, 05:41 PM
homeroFREAKINBRASILIAN

nice...how much are you selling it for? and how many tanks have been through it?
Old 10-17-2006, 05:47 PM
Bill Plude

$450. Less than 3 tanks through the new 3.3 engine. The 3rd tank is in it now. I got tired of seeing it sit in the kitchen knowing somebody could be getting some good use out of it. He was just telling me today that he had a couple guys come in that a couple other guys told them about it. Payday is usually on Fridays! LOL
My RC store guy said it'll be gone in a week. Here's the Paper I have with it
2.5 Revo Chassis with New 3.3 engine(3 tanks through it)
IMEX Tuned Pipe
RPM Lifetime guarantee A-arms and
Axle Carriers w/ oversize bearings
TEKNO RC Wing Mount
OFNA Wing
New Split Spoke Wheels and Tires
New Proline 2.0 Crowd Pleaser body
Never used TQ3 Radio
Never Used EZ Start Control Box
All accessories and tools included
with new 3.3 Revo still in bags.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94631.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	542864   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av70000.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	542865  
Old 10-17-2006, 08:11 PM
homeroFREAKINBRASILIAN

nice......im saving up for a revo 3.3.......im goin to get it by november because thats when my birthday is and my dad will probably pay for half of it but your revo is nice.....and i have a question,,,,when i get my revo im going to break it in indoors(where my dad works,its a big garage) and could i run it in the snow? and i heard about puting a sock over the cooling head is that a good idea? the question is-can i run it in the winter and if so what do i need so i dont F*** UP my engine.........?.....thanks a lot..
Old 10-21-2006, 09:06 PM
sofaking_nutz

I don't have an experience in hte savage area....but as for Traxxas they have A++ technical support, and therre lifetime engine swap makes that a pretty hard deal to pass up!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2006, 09:45 PM
biofreeze

$550 for a Revo?????? Man did they ever see you coming in the store. I paid $469 for my revo 3.3. I can't imagine that anyone would pay $550, all it takes is a little research to find the cheapest price and I don't think I've ever seen one marked $550. Go ahead and get the savage and learn the hard way. You'll be working on it more than you'll drive it.
Old 10-21-2006, 11:32 PM
sofaking_nutz

yes u can run it in the winter with a little bit of preventitive maintenance. In response to wrapping th ecooling head..YES. U can use neoprene or a 0-3 baby sock I found works the best.

You will also want to heat your motor up if it is stored outside with a hair dryer or something of that fashion so you don't do any internal damage.

I would buy a body and not drill it out to vent or tape up your existing hole since you will need to keep as much heat as possible.

As for all your electronics.....batteries.....I buy balloons ni small and med size and wrap all my components to keep the moisture out.

After that u are ready to go....hope this helped!
Old 11-07-2006, 04:06 PM
Seek and Destroy

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

and a failsafe.
The revo has a failsafe stock?
Old 11-07-2006, 04:44 PM
bomo

Both are good, it's all a matter of preference
Old 11-07-2006, 10:43 PM
ScRacing

no it doesn't... The opti drive is mainly for shifting, and it doesn't stop the truck from running away when you loos radio signal. Get a venom fail safe. You cna see how hot the engine is, the peak temp, how many volts you have left, set throttle trim/limiter/failsafe, set throttle trim/limiter/failsafe, and set voltage fail safe. I beleave there are 9 functions it does, for $30, it is well worth it! IT sounds stuped, but barrow some ones and see for your self.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:52 PM
Seek and Destroy

ORIGINAL: ScRacing

no it doesn't... The opti drive is mainly for shifting, and it doesn't stop the truck from running away when you loos radio signal. Get a venom fail safe. You cna see how hot the engine is, the peak temp, how many volts you have left, set throttle trim/limiter/failsafe, set throttle trim/limiter/failsafe, and set voltage fail safe. I beleave there are 9 functions it does, for $30, it is well worth it! IT sounds stuped, but barrow some ones and see for your self.
My spektrum has a failsafe. But I wll get that too.