Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

REvoS

Old 10-30-2006, 05:42 PM
Revoview

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REvoS

Did alot of people seem to get a lemon truck like me, every one post your probs and solutions. Heres my probs engine died, spur broke, servo striped, revese wont work,hard to tune. heres my solutions New engine (ofna .26 force), meteal spur, futaba servos, foc kit. O yeah and when i say the servos striped the stiring and the throtle all striped. And yes i did break the engine in wright.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:14 PM
beelzebubishere
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: REvoS

Well my engine didn't die....2.5R, I just wanted more
Spur, yup
Throttle servo, yup
reverse stripped, yup
hard to tune......usually a learning experience, but yup

Metal spur....not me, bro taught me a better adjustment method than paper, no probs since.
Hitec servos
remove the opti drive unit and fix reverse....no more problems

ORIGINAL: Revoview

Did alot of people seem to get a lemon truck like me, every one post your probs and solutions. Heres my probs engine died, spur broke, servo striped, revese wont work,hard to tune. heres my solutions New engine (ofna .26 force), meteal spur, futaba servos, foc kit. O yeah and when i say the servos striped the stiring and the throtle all striped. And yes i did break the engine in wright.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:17 PM
nxk2000

Don’t buy a yellow revo! If I would have known that the yellow revo is an automatic lemon I would have bought a different color. Everyone keeps saying how good traxass support is. I sure hope I never have to deal with another company because imo traxass support is a joke. I guess some people are easily pleased with a few cheap parts. It’s been over a month that I been waiting for a replacement body that was damaged out of the box. I called tonight and was told he would release the back order so it would be shipped. Why do I have to call to get that done? I shipped a factory damaged motor to them In a nice foam lined box only to have them ship it back loose in a box. There were holes on the inside of the box where it was bouncing around. I only buy traxass parts when it’s absolutely necessary and I will not buy another vehicle from them. While trying to get support to take responsibility for poor quality during assembly I was giving a different reason by 3 different techs as to why my motor mount broke prematurely. That’s a long story that makes me want through my revo in the trash every time I think about it. Its simple traxass has lost me as a customer and several people that I have discussed my troubles with. I will always inform people of the low quality and lack of customer support. Traxass is pathetic.

Forgot to list the parts.

Traxass junk
Body torn out of the box
Broken motor mount after 7 tanks of gas and before the truck was really used
Damaged motor caused by poor assembly resulting in broken motor mount
Stripped spur gear because of broken motor mount
Wire harness cheep wiring insulation peels right off of wire

My fault
Shock end
Lower A arm
Old 10-30-2006, 11:32 PM
Harvick

ORIGINAL: beelzebubishere

Well my engine didn't die....2.5R, I just wanted more
Spur, yup
Throttle servo, yup
reverse stripped, yup
hard to tune......usually a learning experience, but yup

Metal spur....not me, bro taught me a better adjustment method than paper, no probs since.
Hitec servos
remove the opti drive unit and fix reverse....no more problems

ORIGINAL: Revoview

So whats your better adjustment method????
Old 10-30-2006, 11:42 PM
Gullwing72

Revo 3.3: new engine after 3 tanks during break-in. Stripped throttle servo, broke shock end. Broke lower control arm after first real jump. All and all I am still happy with the truck. Repairs Hitec throttle servo, new shock end, new control arm set......And still bashing...............
Old 10-30-2006, 11:59 PM
revo-retard

i jumped a garage with mine on everything stock....shes still purring like a kitten and rolling smooth as ever.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:55 AM
Meziked

ORIGINAL: nxk2000

Don’t buy a yellow revo! If I would have known that the yellow revo is an automatic lemon I would have bought a different color. Everyone keeps saying how good traxass support is. I sure hope I never have to deal with another company because imo traxass support is a joke. I guess some people are easily pleased with a few cheap parts. It’s been over a month that I been waiting for a replacement body that was damaged out of the box. I called tonight and was told he would release the back order so it would be shipped. Why do I have to call to get that done? I shipped a factory damaged motor to them In a nice foam lined box only to have them ship it back loose in a box. There were holes on the inside of the box where it was bouncing around. I only buy traxass parts when it’s absolutely necessary and I will not buy another vehicle from them. While trying to get support to take responsibility for poor quality during assembly I was giving a different reason by 3 different techs as to why my motor mount broke prematurely. That’s a long story that makes me want through my revo in the trash every time I think about it. Its simple traxass has lost me as a customer and several people that I have discussed my troubles with. I will always inform people of the low quality and lack of customer support. Traxass is pathetic.

Traxass junk
Body torn out of the box

My fault
Shock end
Lower A arm
Funny, what i hear is......
My body was broke so I assume anything else is junk. I called and acted like a real jerk to the customer service rep, and then had to call again because that person didnt want to deal with me anymore. I ruined my engine because no one was there to hold my hand over the phone to break it in and I didn't pay attention to the DVD supplied in the box. I was bashing hard after the 7th tank (break in is 6 tanks per traxxas) and broke the shock, the lower a-arm and the engine mount.... but I need someone to blame. I got my engine back after it was replaced for free due to my neglect and it wasn’t packed to my liking, so now I have another excuse as to why my tuning skills have my truck running like crap. I melted the heat shrink on my e-z start because I cant tune and had the engine way over 300 degree's, and traxxas should understand that people like me are out here and seal the wires with something indestructible. I called tech support and what they said was way over my head, when I was listening and not complaining. so they must be incompetent....

Granted, traxxas does have a few buggs they need to work on with their engines.....but man, I have never heard so much one sided propaganda in my life... quit crying to tech support and pick up a book.

Old 10-31-2006, 05:03 AM
nxk2000

Boy you are really far off. I was only straight forward with traxass support. I'm still runing the orignal motor. It was not replaced. The mount broke while I was still trying to fine tune the motor. Before I started the bashing. The a arm and shock end broke after a gallon was through the motor and of course 20 ft jumps. All the insulation was coming off of the wire at the connecter by the body rear mounts.
ORIGINAL: Meziked

ORIGINAL: nxk2000

Traxass junk
Body torn out of the box

My fault
Shock end
Lower A arm
Funny, what i hear is......
My body was broke so I assume anything else is junk. I called and acted like a real jerk to the customer service rep, and then had to call again because that person didnt want to deal with me anymore. I ruined my engine because no one was there to hold my hand over the phone to break it in and I didn't pay attention to the DVD supplied in the box. I was bashing hard after the 7th tank (break in is 6 tanks per traxxas) and broke the shock, the lower a-arm and the engine mount.... but I need someone to blame. I got my engine back after it was replaced for free due to my neglect and it wasn’t packed to my liking, so now I have another excuse as to why my tuning skills have my truck running like crap. I melted the heat shrink on my e-z start because I cant tune and had the engine way over 300 degree's, and traxxas should understand that people like me are out here and seal the wires with something indestructible. I called tech support and what they said was way over my head, when I was listening and not complaining. so they must be incompetent....

Granted, traxxas does have a few buggs they need to work on with their engines.....but man, I have never heard so much one sided propaganda in my life... quit crying to tech support and pick up a book.

Old 10-31-2006, 08:22 PM
Gullwing72

If the engine replacement crack was aimed at me.................Nobody needs to hold my hand I am on my 6th nitro powered rc and this is my 4th traxxas truck..............Please think before you type I am not a noob..............If it wasn't aimed at me I'm sorry. But even if someone is new to this hobby, things happen even when you follow the directions to the letter.......... My 3.3 was defective from the start, I have broken many engines and knew it from the first tank, but you can't call Traxxas and say"I don't think that this engine right" It has to fail first. Trust me I know..........................GW
Old 10-31-2006, 09:25 PM
SG16

My Revo:

Throttle servo, fired
reverse gear and reverse servo, fried
Stock engine, didn't fry it but I wanted more.
Engine mount, cracked after 2 gallons (user error)
Spur, 1st gallon, need to use locktite on motor mount bolts

Over all the Revo is a great truck. Compared to my T-maxx (not saying the maxx is bad) it has held much better.

SG
Old 10-31-2006, 10:35 PM
DaveG55

I don't think there is an RC monster truck ( any RC vehicle really) made that does not have model specific "issues".
I've lost track of the number of times i've read "X truck is a great truck as long as you fix A, B and C".
Savage, Revo, T-Maxx, LST, MGT, Warhead, etc all have stuff that could be better out of the box. Admittedly, some are better than others but every single one has it's own special problems.