Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T-MAXX v.s. Revo 2.5?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 04:30 PM
jarett 92

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-MAXX v.s. Revo 2.5?

hey what are the main differences between a t-maxx and a revo 2.5? which is better and why? what are the ups and downs of each in ur opinion
Old 11-03-2006, 04:43 PM
beelzebubishere
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: T-MAXX v.s. Revo 2.5?

T-Maxx and Revo 2.5R......susspension, chassis, diffs, tranny, axle shafts....all being better on the REVO
Old 11-03-2006, 04:58 PM
jarett 92

i noticed the t-maxx has the 2.5 and the revo has the 2.5r...does this make a big difference?
Old 11-03-2006, 05:15 PM
Harvick

The T-maxx also has a 2.5 r version, both also have a 3.3 version. It is just preference between the trucks. Which do you like better? Do you plan to race it or bash it? Basically, what are you looking to get out of an RC monster truck? Both are very good trucks. But by telling us what you want to do with it, might help us in our recommendations.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:25 PM
ScRacing

The revo is stronger, bette biult, jumps WAY better, the suspension is the best in the wrold,and the revo is way faster on the track or eaven bashing. The t-maxx was good 4 years ago, now its not...
Old 11-03-2006, 09:24 PM
-EXTRA-

Tmaxx is better than the revo who would prefer 4 shocks over 8 idk either tmaxx has way more hop ups
Old 11-03-2006, 09:25 PM
-EXTRA-

oh btw tmaxx would be right there with the revo in racing if not smoking it idk bout on the track though the tmaxx isint very wide so it flips easy only downside i can see bout it
Old 11-03-2006, 09:38 PM
ScRacing

Ummm... hmmm... yeah lets examen that post. The shocks on the revo are better designed, and are larger wich means stock they have the same stiffness. The revo, utilizing a suspension simulare to a Formula 1 car is much better then using the suspension that has ben used in all lifted trucks. Does a 1981 ford wiht a 10" lift kit handel as well as a formula 1 car that does 230mph around a track all day?

And there might be more compinies that make parts for the t-maxx, but you cna make a 100% coustum revo as well, look at mine, its not nearly compleat but it still could woop up on most maxxes out there in a bash session, or in a race, and thease are old pictures too?

If you want to provv a point then do so, but give some more information to atleast back it up. Saying 8 shocks are better then 4 is like saying the hubbel space craft is better then a nuclear sub.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40721.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	553945  
Old 11-04-2006, 01:17 AM
holinger91

i dunno tho, the question i have is if a tmaxx 2.5 with 50$ hop ups is better or worse than a stock revo 2.5, cuz then ur comparing the same prices.............i still think the revo is prolly better tho cuz in the rc world, 50$ upgrades doesnt give u **** :P
Old 11-04-2006, 01:21 AM
ScRacing

exactly, for a maxx you would need chassis braces, new stearing servos, alot of suspension tuning, new shocks, new tires with wider wheels and it still probubly woldn't handel as well as a revo, untill you have driven all 3 power houses, you can't apreaciate the revos handeling.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:06 AM
beelzebubishere

To answer your question, no, $50.00 in upgrades on a 2.5 T-Maxx will not enable it to equal the performance or handling of a 2.5R REVO. It is doubtful $300.00 in wheel, tire, and suspension upgrades would even equal a Revo in handling, and certainly not in durability.

ORIGINAL: holinger91

i dunno tho, the question i have is if a tmaxx 2.5 with 50$ hop ups is better or worse than a stock revo 2.5, cuz then ur comparing the same prices.............i still think the revo is prolly better tho cuz in the rc world, 50$ upgrades doesnt give u **** :P
Old 11-04-2006, 09:04 AM
DaveG55

$50 won't even buy the rechargable reciever battery pack and the charger for it that comes with the Revo. Much less anything that might help the T-Maxx actually handle better. Whoever said the T-Maxx is better either is trying to start something, knows nothing about the Revo or is just plain dumb.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:11 AM
beelzebubishere

LOL! I wasn't gonna exactly put it that way.....but I think you hit the nail on the head Dave!.....LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

$50 won't even buy the rechargable reciever battery pack and the charger for it that comes with the Revo. Much less anything that might help the T-Maxx actually handle better. Whoever said the T-Maxx is better either is trying to start something, knows nothing about the Revo or is just plain dumb.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:57 PM
jarett 92

so the t-maxx isnt better than the revo in any way?
Old 11-05-2006, 07:03 PM
ScRacing

pritty much... The t-maxx is just to old and they need to dump the platform and biuld a revo truggy
Old 11-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Fiegs

I think traxxas should retire the t-maxx before it goes downhill.
After being the best mt out there for a number of years
it desirves to retire to the r/c hall of fame.(Or the very back of the garage with
all the other stuff thats been outdated either is acceptable.)
Old 11-06-2006, 12:09 PM
2.5 flex

hey but it still owns on a savage ????i have a 2.5 t-maxx with a ths pipe, and it will keep up with a stock 3.3 " well i had a local pro tune it" but it halls............ so i like my maxx. i know its not as nice as a revo i'll give it that just do to the turning factor, but the new 3.3 t-maxx handles almost as good as a revo ?? its a good truck second to none form many years. who cares what is better get a new motor or suspention.. just go and have fun all i care about is smashin with my bros its fun as he^^.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:27 PM
So Cal

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Many opinions.....personally i would recomed both of them..good strong trucks..and if taken care of properly they will be for a long time....but i cant tell anyone what to and not to buy.....just my 2 cents.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:48 PM
savage_x_basher

i have owned both a revo and t-maxx,so far the the maxx is stronger in everyway.the revo dosent jump as good as the t-maxx tho.but the revo owns the t-maxx in handling.i can beat stock revo 2.5r.to me if you want to race get a revo if you want to do everything else decently get a t-maxx.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:36 PM
ScRacing

ORIGINAL: 2.5 flex

hey but it still owns on a savage ????i have a 2.5 t-maxx with a ths pipe, and it will keep up with a stock 3.3 " well i had a local pro tune it" but it halls............ so i like my maxx. i know its not as nice as a revo i'll give it that just do to the turning factor, but the new 3.3 t-maxx handles almost as good as a revo ?? its a good truck second to none form many years. who cares what is better get a new motor or suspention.. just go and have fun all i care about is smashin with my bros its fun as he^^.

The t-maxx is a great truck, but the revo is a god, and there is no way the max can be faster then a revo, exept in a strait line, because the maxx is porley designed, it is liter, makeing it have a better power to weight ratio, im no bashing on anyone, but its the cold hard facts.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:27 AM
savage_x_basher

ive driven a t-maxx before and it was quick but not as quick as my s-maxx,my s-maxx could own my revo 2.5r in a drag but on a track it would be equal even if the s-maxx is 2wd it handles well.i can get my s-maxx to wheelie while my revo can barely do one.to me a the only good thing on a revo is its suspension and the a arm are almost as weak as a x-cellerator i broke one hittin a wall at 5mph.put a revo 3.3 and a t-maxx 3.3 and see whos faster.