Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

i have a little problem

Old 11-14-2006, 04:21 PM
BXMaxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i have a little problem

ok well i have one of the first tmaxx 2.5s and im having a little problem with it. Its a few years old already but it starts up fine but recently i been having a problem with it getting fuel. It just seems like the fuel dont want to go to the carb. I changed the fuel lines already i also bought a new plug i havent bought the tank though. When i pour some fuel down into the carb it will start right up and stay running untill it sucks up the gas i poured down it dont want to take from the tank. If any of u guys have any idea that would be good thanks
Old 11-14-2006, 04:33 PM
SlowDriver

Default RE: i have a little problem

Sounds like an air leak.

1. Remove and check the gas tank for cracks, and for the seal on the lid.
2. If you blow into the backpressure tube, does fuel go into the carb? If so, you might have a leak around your header.
3. Make sure your carb is seated properly.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:35 PM
tommythecat
My Feedback: (2)

Also check to make sure there isn't a blockage in the carb bung, or inside of the HSN fixture.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:40 PM
BXMaxx

o yeah and the carb is new to i forgot bout that one lol so it could be that ill check that stuff now but how do u check for an air leak anyway. it could also be the tank if this dont work ill get a new one and .
Old 11-14-2006, 04:50 PM
tommythecat

You can check for an airleak in the tank really easy. Pull the fuel line off of the pipe and also pull the fuel line off of the carb. Plug one or the other side (covering with finger should be adequate) then wipe the other fuel line clean and blow into it. Your tank should hold pressure, not leak air. If it leaks try to find out where it is coming from and seal it up. IF it seems like it leaks but you can't find where, try holding it underwater while blowing in the fuel line, then watch for bubbles.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:40 PM
DaveG55

Before you go to the trouble of removing the tank check the tank lid seal. It's a rubber o-ring in the lid. If it looks uneven, damaged or broken then that's likely your problem.
I have more trouble with those than anything else.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:12 PM
BXMaxx

thanks everyone i didnt get a chance to check it today but im going to try tomorrow after school ill let you know what happeneds. also i have a 4tec tank lieing around here would i have to do alot to put that in?
Old 11-14-2006, 08:23 PM
BXMaxx

ok i just look at the tank and the oring is ripped in the back
Old 11-14-2006, 08:30 PM
DaveG55

Well, there ya go. Instant air leak.
Seriously, replace it and you'll likely solve the problem.
You can get one at most hardware stores but they are usually made of rubber and that does not hold up well to nitro fuel. But they will work in a pinch.
You're really better off getting one from the lhs though as the ones made for the tank are silicone.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:31 PM
BXMaxx

if i was to buy a new tank does it come with one because my tank is kind of beat up so i wanted to replace it anyway.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:36 PM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: BXMaxx

if i was to buy a new tank does it come with one because my tank is kind of beat up so i wanted to replace it anyway.
As long as it comes with the lid it should come with the o-ring. You might check, I think that you can buy just the lid/hinge pin/spring sepperatly.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:57 PM
BXMaxx

alright thanks im going to see if on the weekend i can buy the tank and try it i will make sure to post how it works out
Old 11-27-2006, 04:29 PM
BXMaxx

alright well i tried it again its still doing the same thing. the only time it would start is if pour some gas down the carb and i just changed the tank so the oring is good i dont know whats wrong it will start for a couple of seconds untill it drinks all that gas and thats it it shuts off. i think im going to just put it away for a while because i cant keep spending money tryin to get it to work and it still does the same thing.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:00 PM
tmanbu

did you try putting your finger over the exhaust out-let while you crankt the motor to see if you can see any fuel moving through the lines. There could be a block in the lines some where.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:00 PM
BXMaxx

ORIGINAL: tmanbu

did you try putting your finger over the exhaust out-let while you crankt the motor to see if you can see any fuel moving through the lines. There could be a block in the lines some where.
i do it all the time there shouldnt be a block anywhere tho since ive changed everything from the tank to the carb
Old 11-29-2006, 04:02 AM
rangi

try puting some feul in the tank,remove the line from the exhaust and take the hsn right out then blow downthe line that was conected to the exhaust.feul should come out the hole where you took the hsn out of if it doesnt then the carb is blocked big time and youll have to strip down the feul inlet area of the carb.Hope this helps
you must be getting ped off buy now its been a week.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:37 PM
BXMaxx

alright i tried that no fuel is going into the carb i took a break for a little because ive recently had a cousin pass away so i wasnt messing with them but i tried doing that and the fuel isnt getting into the engine nomatter how hard i blow
Old 12-10-2006, 08:49 PM
BXMaxx

ok thanks guys foud out the part where the hsn is screwed was lose so the gas was leaking im going to check tomorrow see if it works
Old 12-11-2006, 06:35 PM
BXMaxx

ok i tried it again it still dont wanna go it started the first time than after that its just dont want to i dont know i guess im just ready to give up with this truck i had got a vedio of the sound but rcu dont support it i guess if i cant get this fixed im just either gonna put the maxx away for a while or just get out for a little because i keep waistin money trying to get it to work and no matter what i do it still dont
Old 12-11-2006, 06:49 PM
rcnitrohead

I had the same problem. When I just got into nitro, my tank cracked where the screw goes in at the bottom. I was a moron and put CA glue inside of the tank. Once I ran the truck, I found out that the alcohol melted the CA away and it blocked my carb up. I would suggest taking apart your whole carb and washing each and every piece carefully. Also, take a flashlight and look into the holes where the needles screw in for blockage. If that doesnt work then its definitely your engine but I think 100% that your carb is the culprit if you dont have a serious air leak anywhere else[8D]
Old 12-11-2006, 07:08 PM
BXMaxx

well the thing is i dont see how it can be the carb because its brand new the one time i brought it out i ended up playing with my cousins jato so this carb is brand new i have another motor here that i rebuilt not to long ago im going to try putting that in and see what happeneds
Old 12-12-2006, 08:41 AM
tommythecat

Just because a carb is brand new does not mean it doesn't have a blockage in it. In fact, factory installed blockages are a simple fact of manufacturing on the scale that Traxxas does.

You need to work logically toward the problem.
Check the fuel supply system for leaks. If that is all cool, check the carb. Remove the HSN and the HSN fixture and attached bung. That is the most likely place to get a blockage. Clean and flush everything with denatured alcohol (pressurized air is great for blowing out the debris), just generally tear it down and clean it up, looking for blockages or debris of any sort. Reassemble and reset your needles to factory settings and reinstall it.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:59 PM
BXMaxx

im going to try one last time i guess ill take it off tonight and clean it but i guess if its not that it must be the motor so ill put my other one in
Old 12-12-2006, 04:22 PM
tommythecat

I can't think of anything in the motor aside from the carb that could restrict the flow of fuel into it, aside from having absolutely zero compression due to having the head off or extremely loose, or a ridiculously bad air leak. Even a shot piston and sleeve should have enough compression to suck/push fuel into the carb unless you have something else seriously screwed up, like the head off or the carb completely loose.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:22 PM
BXMaxx

alright well i fixed the it not getting fuel problem i even know because i stuck my finger in the head without to glowplug to get some compression and the fuel is going tru but its still not starting

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.