Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

another traxxas forum refugee

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 10:01 PM
arbcj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another traxxas forum refugee

well i didn't get banned but i've seen about enough over there. i hope this board is better, plan on giving it a whirl over here. at least i can lmao over here!!! ooops, crap!! did i offend any kindergateners by using the letters "lmao"? i'm sorry! dang i said crap too! uughh, i said it twice......how many points do i have now?
Old 01-10-2007, 10:08 PM
89ram

Default RE: another traxxas forum refugee

haha, you might want to try..oops, can't say that here either.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:21 PM
SlowDriver

Yeah, this is a pretty good place to hang out. We've got the gambit of knowledgeable folks, as well as newbies here, so you'll probably fit right in. Give us a try ... but be sure to take some of the stuff you read with a grain of salt, or at least a grin.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:36 PM
savage_x_basher

welcome to the forum,just onehelpfull hint tho,dont quote the speed of your rc,i did that once and no one believed me.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:43 PM
SlowDriver

ORIGINAL: savage_x_basher

welcome to the forum,just onehelpfull hint tho,dont quote the speed of your rc,i did that once and no one believed me.
My Revo goes 124 MPH! I know because a cop radared me on the highway while my Revo was pulling me in my Red Ryder wagon! I'll post a video of the whole thing. Just hang here for a few. Don't go away! I've got proof!
Old 01-10-2007, 10:47 PM
89ram

and i jumped the water tower with a warhead! drove right up the side and jumped right off the top and landed in the back of your little red wagon!
Old 01-10-2007, 10:48 PM
89ram

oh no, here we go again
Old 01-10-2007, 10:55 PM
REVO_RACER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: SlowDriver

ORIGINAL: savage_x_basher

My Revo goes 124 MPH! I know because a cop radared me on the highway while my Revo was pulling me in my Red Ryder wagon! I'll post a video of the whole thing. Just hang here for a few. Don't go away! I've got proof!
Ha Ha Ha SURE.................

Well welcome to this forum I am REVO_RACER. This forum is less strict on users you can use LMAO or any other abreavations. There are other words allowed on this forum. I also have a TRAXXAS one I just don't use it. I love this forum and I hope you come to like it like I do.

EDIT: Then my ROCK Joined in the fun!!!
Old 01-11-2007, 01:14 AM
pondhopper

Show offs!! I think it was the Warhead being THROWN from the water tower that the cop clocked. The little red wagon just was in the wrong spot at the wrong time. [8D]
Old 01-11-2007, 08:21 AM
beelzebubishere
My Feedback: (1)

My REVO did 180mph.....YEAH! 180 mph........did I forget to mention it was bungee corded to the tail section of a Hayabusa kliff owned.....LOL!
Old 01-11-2007, 08:26 AM
REVO_RACER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: beelzebubishere

My REVO did 180mph.....YEAH! 180 mph........did I forget to mention it was bungee corded to the tail section of a Hayabusa kliff owned.....LOL!
OMG beelze joind in !!!!
Old 01-11-2007, 08:47 AM
splcrazy

my revo does friggen 300mph how do you like that. its got five engines with a 6 speed auto and remote activated rockets mounted on the roof and fired in sequences just like when mythbusters built that rocket powered car LOL
Old 01-11-2007, 08:59 AM
TM323

well I don't get it my revo does do 100 mph I specially designed a 124 tooth clutch bell and I drove along side my friends corvette probably could have went faster but we ran out of room on I-95
Old 01-11-2007, 10:05 AM
89ram

you mean your friend's chevette?
Old 01-11-2007, 10:16 AM
running_gag

I've never been there, but what is so bad about rc411 and traxxas?
Old 01-11-2007, 10:42 AM
tommythecat
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

my revo does friggen 300mph how do you like that. its got five engines with a 6 speed auto and remote activated rockets mounted on the roof and fired in sequences just like when mythbusters built that rocket powered car LOL
My t-maxx really does have remotely fired rockets...check it out...
[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdCBGoR-HO0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdCBGoR-HO0[/link]

that t-maxx actually has 3 rocket tubes with a remote ignition system that can handle up to 3 D sized solid fuel rocket engines, and we were only using 2 of 3 engines during that short film. Honestly, the third engine only gives it a little more kick, but does throw out another 1/3 the smoke and flames and looks a little cooler. You should see these things firing off at night, it's an impressive sight. Unfortunately, I am in about $9 for every three engines so I don't use the rocket kit a whole lot. It's just too expensive, especially when there are youngsters around screaming "do it again, do it again" I just can't say no and end up burning up every rocket engine I have everytime that happens. One day at the local park I think I burnt through 2 dozen engines before I finally got a grip and put the thing away.

I was considering adding 2 more tubes, but really can't afford to be burning up 5 of those engines everytime I fire her off.

Now if I can just figure out a way to get five engines and 6 speed tranny...

But to get back on topic: Welcome to the boards.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:13 AM
125cchyperman

Yeah Welcome to the board, I hope you have a good time here. As for the Revo doing 300mph how the heck do you do that, my T-Maxx only goes 270mph, but I guess that, thats the disadvantage of only running 4 motors and only a 4 speed tranny LOL. But I think if I had those rockets like tommythecat does maybe I could push it a little, but like some say I guess the T-Maxx's weight makes it slower then the Revo. HAHAHA

It's good to mess around and to have fun.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:22 AM
89ram

tommy, are the smaller rocket motors cheaper? you could use more of them then, but i suppose they put out alot less fire and smoke.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:33 AM
tommythecat
My Feedback: (2)

Nah, they are only a little cheaper, so if I decided to do a greater number of smaller engines it would likely cost more per burn. Plus, the higher thrust smaller engines typically have much shorter burn times than the D's do, and for me the burn time on these D engines is a few seconds shorter than I would like it to be.

What I would really like to do is make my own re-loadable tubes and figure out how to mix my own solid rocket fuel from black powder. The problem is that I can't find anyone locally who does this that could teach me, and I am way to nervous to try any experimentation with black powder with only internet directions to guide me. I have been thinking a bit about experimenting with smokeless rifle powder, as it burns much slower than black powder and is much less likely to explode catastrophically on me. With the naturally slow burn rate of smokeless powder, I may be able to just pack tubes with it almost as-is with little binder in it at all, and then I will have a much cheaper source for rocket powered thrills.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:09 PM
Compstall

ORIGINAL: arbcj

well i didn't get banned but i've seen about enough over there. i hope this board is better, plan on giving it a whirl over here. at least i can lmao over here!!! ooops, crap!! did i offend any kindergateners by using the letters "lmao"? i'm sorry! dang i said crap too! uughh, i said it twice......how many points do i have now?
Same here. I'm a member over there and got a warning for saying "crap". LOL
Old 01-11-2007, 11:42 PM
89ram

i'm all for safety when it comes to something that could decorate the wall with your head, but smokeless?? powder? black powder would put out clouds of smoke![if you find a safe way]
Old 01-12-2007, 12:02 AM
pondhopper

I saw a jet turbine in the classifieds....if i gut my WH i think it might just fit. Heck, i might be able to get to 150mph.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:09 AM
chevy_jlewis

there is a fourm on here with a guy with 3 engines on his maxx its pretty cool
Old 01-12-2007, 12:19 AM
revofreak

well tommy dont die on us lol. you've posted 1319 posts thats saying sometin but yeah be carefull
Old 01-12-2007, 12:57 AM
splcrazy

my hobby shop sells refillable rocket fuel powder they even got them in packets of 5 if i remember correctly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.