Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

TRX 3.3 Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 04:45 PM
bckyrdbshr
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRX 3.3 Question

Ok I am a member of several rc boards and just about all the people on these boards hate the TRX 3.3, Why??? Is it because of the carb problems?? Is it just a bad motor?? or what. If it is just the carb you could put an OS 11K carb on it and be done or are they more problems to it than just the carb issue?
Old 05-01-2007, 05:09 PM
ScRacing

Default RE: TRX 3.3 Question

Its a trx engine. Nothing more needs to be said. It is one of the most mass produced engine in the wrold and there are alot of little errors in alot of engines. TRx engine never last as long as a better maid engine. Anything from Sirio, ofna, novarossie, ninja, collarie, and LRP are going to be a high quality product that will outlast any traxxes engine under the same conditions
Old 05-01-2007, 05:21 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its not that people hate them. Its just some have bad luck compared to others due to tuning, break-in, Miss-use, my dog ***** in the cooling head, etc. etc....

All in all its just that you need to keep re-tuning the engine every time you take it out since they don't hold a tune. Maybe not everytime but you know what i mean. I personally have the 2.5r and it has gone from revo to jato to t-maxx countless times... I'm working on my 6th gallon with my mine when some people give up after 2. It is a hassle but its worth it at the end of the day when you broke everything except the motor.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:02 PM
RCCanuck

Although i've only run about a qt so far it is peforming great...My old 2.5 has about 8 gallons on it and it still runs. I think it is more of a newbie thing than anything....just look at who is buying RTR Tmaxxs off the shelf. Anyone with experience knows that you can screw up an engine pretty quikly and it only makes sense that when your new to nitro you make more mistakes...i know I made a tonne of mistakes when I first started back into this hobby..which all = the never ending threads about tuning issues.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:09 PM
superman5518

The 3.3 runs hot, some dont, but most do. so hot to the point you mess with it more then you drive and enjoy it. I am still trying to iron mine out. It has a bad rep for a reason.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:13 PM
LSTVega28

It's a pretty fast motor off the line. It just cant hold a tune for me. Why I am replacing it with a Picco .26.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:20 PM
ttoks

i think the problem with it is that most people get the 3.3 in there first ever nitro truck, dont know much about tuneing and stuff it up badly (i stuffed my first 3.3 up real bad) it's a fiddly motor somtimes so that doesnt help with people new t the hobby either
Old 05-01-2007, 09:58 PM
superman5518

ORIGINAL: ttoks

i think the problem with it is that most people get the 3.3 in there first ever nitro truck, dont know much about tuneing and stuff it up badly (i stuffed my first 3.3 up real bad) it's a fiddly motor somtimes so that doesnt help with people new t the hobby either
What do you mean stuff it up? I dont lug mine around.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:11 PM
ttoks

as in run either the high or low speed to lean, either does alot of damage, that what i did with my first 3.3, the high speed was to rich so a compensated by making the low speed to lean, and that overheated my engine because i was mainly running at low and mid rpm