Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

servo does not activate break

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 12:12 PM
dutchalltheway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servo does not activate break

All right guys, I can use your expertise here. I have a brand new REVO that I just broke in, however....if you activate the brake with the radio, the servo does not switch to the break..so I have no brake power whatsoever. First I thought it was the servo, but when I switched servo's, the new servo did not switch to break either. I switched radio's, but it appeared that this did not solve my problem either. Then I by-passed the OPTI-DRIVE and hooked the throttle servo straight to the receiver. Now the brake works, but I am unable to switch the truck into reverse[:@][:@][:@]..I changed the OPTI-DRIVE, but the new one did not make a difference. I own 2 REVO's, and my other one did not have this issue. I have no clue what the reason behind this is...Any of you guys can help me out please???[]
Old 05-25-2007, 12:28 PM
Reb2973

Default RE: servo does not activate break

if you bypass the opti drive, you have to hook the shifting servo straight to the receiver on channel 3 for it to shift to reverse.

I would make sure everything is hooked up correctly and try to re program the opti drive like it says in the manual.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:39 PM
Revo_Rash

same opinion. Go back the the original configuration and reprogram the optidrive. Or here's a better Idea, Switch over to a FOC. ger rid of all the "junk in the truck"
Old 05-25-2007, 12:55 PM
spikeitaudi

Are you talking about the brake that is actually part of your throttle servo (just reverse direction) or shifting of the tranny which is part of the foward/reverse servo. Two different things here.