Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

new radio new servos

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 07:42 PM
1Nightrider1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new radio new servos

ok i have a revo 2.5r with FOC and i was wondering what radio i should get my stock ones attenna broke in half . and i alos wanna get a single steering servo and sum high torque brake and throttle servos. so what should i get. looking to spend around 40-70$
Old 05-29-2007, 07:54 PM
DaveG55

Default RE: new radio new servos

$40-$70 total???????
For a radio system and two high torque servos??????
Not gonna happen...
For that much money yo may get a new, replacement antenna and 1 decent steering servo but not a whole system....
Old 05-29-2007, 08:02 PM
1Nightrider1

what about those radios that come with servos?
Old 05-29-2007, 08:36 PM
87warrior

futaba make soem good radios systems for cheap i got mine i belive from my lhs for 120 i belive not much more then that it came with a servo radio 2ch reciver and a few more things for settin up the new servos. had the system for a long while now and love it verry much
Old 05-29-2007, 09:20 PM
DaveG55

A very, very basic radio system (no better than what you have now) will run $50. One worth swapping to will run $100 - $150. A decent metal gear high torque servo is going to start at around $40/each. That's going to be a minimum of $130 and the only improvement you'll have is high torque servos and even those won't be the strongest or fastest servos.
You're going to have to find more money if you want to do everything that you said.

Oh, and no, the stock servos that come with most systems are not much, if any, better than what's in the truck now.